Unity Third Person Shooter
What you'll learn
- Learn how to make third person shooter games
- Raycasting and Impact Instantiation for weapons
- Change shaders dynamically during gameplay
- Create endless waves of vampires that spawn into the game
- Control animations through layerweights and layermasks
- Implement animation events to trigger custom functions
- Easy to learn coding using C#
- Build a solid understanding of Unity by creating an actual working video game
- Develop transferrable skills that can be applied to First Person Shooters and other types of games
If you want to make impressive shooter games then this course is for you. I will be showing you step by step how to make a third person shooter game that I call Vampire's Lair. This is full on arcade action, inspired by the original DOOM game. This will help you develop the skills necessary to go onto make your own awesome games.
There will be coding and design tasks throughout that will challenge your knowledge of game design and help you to develop professional skills. If you just want to design games for a hobby or if you are looking to embark on a career in the gaming industry this course will help you get there. Plus it'll be a lot of fun too.
Covered in this Unity course:
Using Unity 2019
Setting up a third person character
Pickups for changing ammo/weapon types
Using single shot, rapidfire, flamethrower and grenade launcher weapons
Spawning waves of enemies that target your player
Using pathfinding AI
Killing enemies with bullets, flames, grenades and exploding barrels
Impressive shader/particle systems to give your game a professional look
Setting up animation events to trigger functions in C#
Learn C# coding using real world coding activities
Setting up a Boss with a health bar
+ Much More
(These principles can also be applied to first person shooter games)
Who this course is for:
- People eager to learn how to make video games
- People who want to learn C# coding within real world game design
- Everybody who love games and want to start making their own
I am a qualified teacher and I have been teaching game design for over 7 years. I have been using Unity since 2013 and I have produced a series of courses showing people how to create games and animations using this game engine.
With over 40,000 students from over 157 Countries around the world, my courses are helping people learn and create at the same time.
I am completely dedicated to helping you on your learning journey. If you have any questions or require any help I am always available and will respond quickly.