Make Online Games Using Unity's NEW Multiplayer Framework
What you'll learn
- Create an online multiplayer game using Unity’s NEW Netcode for GameObjects (NGO) framework
- Use Unity Gaming Services (UGS) Relay & Lobby to be able to self host without the need for port forwarding and sharing IP’s
- Create a multiplayer top-down shooter that you can modify and turn into your own fun creation
- Build the skills to make your own competitive or cooperative multiplayer game in any genre
- Add core gameplay (making your tanks move, shoot, collect coins etc) as well as more advanced features like leaderboards, mini maps and and bounties
- Deploy to UGS to allow for dedicated Game Server Hosting
- Implement UGS Matchmaker so players can queue up and be automatically connected to a dedicated server
- Play with 20 or more people online simultaneously
- Ideally you'll have knowledge of Unity and C#, with some experience making a single player game.
Ever wanted to make your very own multiplayer games? The free Unity Game Engine is making the process easier than it has been with its new Netcode For GameObjects (NGO) framework.
In this course we'll create a multiplayer top-down shooter that you can modify and turn into your own fun creation and play against 20 or more people simultaneously online. In the process you'll learn how to create and deploy a dedicated server with matchmaking.
We’ll be making a .io style game (like slither .io and agar .io), that can accommodate dozens of players. Through that process you’ll build the skills to make your own competitive or cooperative multiplayer game in any genre that interests you.
You’ll learn about networking and how to make the game a multiplayer. You’ll start building the core gameplay, making your tanks move, shoot, collect coins etc. Later you’ll add polish and more advanced features like leaderboards, mini maps and bounties.
You’ll take your game online using UGS (Unity Gaming Services) so players can connect over the internet without the need to port forward.
Finally you’ll learn how to make your game deployable as a dedicated server, so none of the players have to host the game. And you’ll learn to integrate matchmaking, so players can queue up, be matched together and a server spun up for them to play on.
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
All students have access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Jump in and start creating your own multiplayer game now. You’ll be playing it with your friends in no time!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for if you want to make a game that can be played online with others
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than a million students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Hello, I'm Nathan. I've been making and modding games for as long as I can remember. I started to get serious about coding when I was 15 and quite quickly stumbled across Unity and have been deep within the engine ever since. I really enjoy building systems, gameplay mechanics, and have spent a lot of time experimenting with multiplayer networking.
Online I go by the name of Dapper Dino and have been growing my YouTube channel since 2018, mostly teaching people the more intermediate topics so that they can use Unity to make the game of their dreams! I'm also part of the Unity Insiders program which gives me access to the latest and greatest information as well as amazing connections with Unity developers and content creators.