Unity Game Dev for Freelancers with Playfab and Photon
What you'll learn
- How to Sell Your Game Development Services on Various Online Platforms
- Where to Sell Game Development Solutions
- How to Converse With Potential Clients and Engage Them
- How to Extract Information From Potential Clients and Understand Their Requirements Fully
- Use Price Bracketing to Determine the Client's Budget
- Create a Statement of Work Which Clearly Tells What Solutions You Will Be Providing
- Set Milestones and Create Well Defined Modules to Get Paid for Work Done
- Create a Basic 2D Platfomer
- Add Basic Back-end Functionality Using Playfab into The 2D Platfomer
- Add Multi-player features Inside the Platformer using Photon PUN. This will be a 2 player game
- How to Complete Projects Successfully
- Some Knowledge About Unity's Basic Features is Required
- You should know how to navigate the Unity Editor
- You should know how to set up an external editor for script editing
- You should know how to at least create an Android build and install it on an Android Phone
- Your Unity Installation Should Include WebGl, Windows, Linux and Android Modules
- You should know about commonly used Unity Events, IEnumerators, and Unity's Physics Components
- You should have basic knowledge about C# and and programming fundamentals
- This course is not intended for absolute beginners, as I do not explain in things in great detail
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO OFFER YOUR GAME DEVELOPMENT SKILLS AS A SERVICE, THE MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT WE WILL MAKE WITH PLAYFAB AS A BACK-END WILL BE EXTREMELY USEFUL FOR YOU! YOU CAN JUST SKIP THE PART WHERE I TEACH THE STUDENTS ABOUT HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH CLIENTS AND BASIC SALES TECHNIQUES
Do you dream of building your own multiplayer games in Unity? Are you a freelancer looking to expand your skill set and take on more clients? Look no further than this comprehensive Unity game development course!
In this course, you will learn how to create engaging multiplayer games using the power of Photon PUN2 and PlayFab. With step-by-step guidance, you'll gain a deep understanding of the Photon multiplayer framework and how to integrate it with PlayFab's backend services. From matchmaking and player synchronization to leaderboards, you'll master the tools and techniques necessary to create seamless online gaming experiences.
With a focus on real-world scenarios, this course will teach you how to create an end-to-end multiplayer game from scratch. You'll start with the basics of Unity and C# programming, and then dive into Photon's powerful multiplayer features. You'll learn how to set up a PlayFab account, integrate it with Photon, and build a fully-functional multiplayer game.
Whether you're an experienced Unity developer or a beginner looking to break into the industry, this course has something for everyone. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills and confidence to create your own multiplayer games in Unity and succeed as a freelancer in the game development industry.
Enroll now and take the first step toward building your own online gaming empire
In this course, I will teach you everything that you need to know to start freelancing as a Unity Game Developer. I will cover most of the important features that clients on online marketplaces such as Fiverr, Upwork and Guru require. I will:
- Teach you how to communicate with clients and how to respond to various types of clients
- Teach you how to Gather requirements and define modules for your client so you can get paid consistently
- Teach you how to send videos to your clients to show the work that you have done and then get paid for that
To do this we will develop a 2D Multiplayer Game Using Unity with Photon PUN for multiplayer integration, and PlayFab as a back-end for storing user data. We will:
- Create a 2D platformer from scratch using free graphics. We will pretend that the client provided those graphics to us
- Create a login, register, and verification system using Playfab as a backend
- Use Photon PUN and its various features to setup random online matches between players.
The objective of the game (we will pretend that the objective was given to us by the client) will be to reach to the end of the level before the opponent does. The Multi-player levels will include:
- Traps and Pits the the player has to either jump over or avoid
- Enemies with basic AI. They will try to attack the player and either cause a game over or slow the player down
- A complete system where when one player reaches the end, the game automatically ends with one player winning and the other losing
As we will be using Photon PUN, the player avatars will not be able to fire back at the enemies or use any projectile system, since we will cover only basic synchronization which itself is a task that even AAA studios struggle with.
Who this course is for:
- People who wish to learn Game Development and Start freelancing
- People who wish to learn how to sell game development solutions as a side gig to earn extra cash
- People who wish to learn how to Develop a Mutli-player Platform Game Using Unity with the Photon PUN Plugin with Playfab Backend Features
- Game Developers that are looking to quit their 9 to 5 job to start their own business as a service provider
"Games that don't suck make the bucks!" - Altamush Nayyer Khan
Hello! My name is Altamush Nayyer Khan. I am a professional game designer and game developer. I started creating games in 2014 professionally and have since then created 100s of game as a service provider. My clients are mostly from the US, UK and Europe.
I use the Unity and Godot engines to create games for my clients. I am here to share my knowledge with you and hopefully help you generate active or passive income through game dev. I focus on helping people develop the skill to sell their game development skills as a service.