Unity Game Asset Creation in Blender: Textured 3D Models
What you'll learn
- 3D modeling a game asset in Blender.
- Unwrapping the model into a UV map.
- Painting texture on a 3D object.
- Making LOD versions of the object.
- Creating game-ready prefab in Unity.
- a computer (Windows / Mac / Linux)
- have installed Blender and Unity
Learn how to create game assets in Blender that you can use to build your very own 3D game world in Unity! In the course, you get to make four low poly assets from start to finish, which are a mushroom, a rock, a tree, and a house.
The game asset creation workflow consists of the following steps:
3D modeling the shape of an asset
unwrapping the three-dimensional shape into a two-dimensional UV map
painting a texture on the surface of the 3D model
creating level of detail (LOD) versions of the model to optimize it for a game
At the end of the course, all assets will be taken to the Unity game engine, where they are made game-ready by adding the necessary components for them and saving them as prefabs. With these prefabs, you can start building your game world. The game assets made in the course will also work on other game engines, such as the Unreal Engine.
This course is best suited for those who already have at least a little bit of experience with Blender. However, if you are a beginner who is really motivated to learn, this course is great for you as well.
Enroll in the course and learn one of the most essential game development skills today!
Who this course is for:
- beginners interested in 3D modeling with Blender or game development with Unity
- slightly more experienced 3D artists or game developers who want to learn more
- people that are interested in making games and want to know how to make an optimized game world
- people that are interested in 3D graphics and want to know how to model and texture 3D models
I teach skills such as Game Development, Coding, and 3D Graphics. My goal is to create high-quality content where I always get straight to the point. In addition to online courses, I develop and publish PC games on Steam. Visit my website to learn more about me and my content. Thanks!