Unity Game Development - Build a First Person Shooter
- Students need to have some familiarity with Unity and C#
- Download and install Unity (free version is fine)
Have you ever wanted to create your own version of Doom, Call of Duty or Half-Life?
Join us in this new course and have lots of fun building a first-person shooter game with Unity!
This course is project-based and covers all the main elements of games of this genre. After completing this course, you will have all the tools needed to program amazing games. These are some of the important skills you'll be acquiring:
- Implement and customize the Unity Standard Assets First Person Controller.
- Kill enemies before running out of bullets.
- Understand collision detection.
- Save memory and CPU by implementing a reusable pool of objects.
- Survive by finding health kits and ammo for you gun.
- Enemy path finding AI using Nav Mesh.
- Integrate external models and audio files.
- Game workflow: Main menu, resetting game, game over and victory screens.
Please note that this course assumes basic familiarity with the Unity engine and C#. It might not be suitable (for the time being!) on it's own for those with zero knowledge of Unity.
The main author of this course is Glauco Pires, game developer with experience in different engines such as Unity, Unreal and Spritekit. Glauco has worked creating both mobile, desktop and Virtual Reality games for the main platforms currently in use, and has experience training both offline and online.
This course is co-authored by, and Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA. Pablo is the author of +40 online courses in game, web and mobile app development, which have been taken by over 200,000 students from +200 countries. Pablo's main areas of work at the moment are Unity and Virtual Reality.
The source code and game assets are included in the course.
There is also a discussion area where you can ask questions, meet other students and showcase your work!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone with basic Unity and C# experience who wants to create impressive first-person shooter games
- 00:03Source Code
- 00:16Additional Resources
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 1 million people gain valuable skills.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by over 1 million learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.