Unity Fundamentals: Complete and Concise
- 13.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to use the Unity Interface Effectively
- Create a full-featured action game camera that smoothly follows the player.
- Save/Load using both PlayerPrefs and Binary Serialization
- Create a health bar, along with other UI elements
- Use Raycasting, as well as Linecasting to simulate enemy vision
- Animate objects and characters in Unity
- Understand the most important concepts needed to make full-fledged, modern games on the Unity framework
- Basic knowledge of any object-oriented program language
This course is a categorical and focused resource for learning Unity. While most learning resources for Unity tend to be "project-based", resulting in extremely long, tedious, and sporadically-laid-out content, this course keeps its content focused on each individual subject, and thorough. You don't just learn how to do things in Unity, you learn why they work, and which method out of multiple methods would be best for each specific case. It respects the your time, and is laid out in a way that you can use it later as a categorical resource. It's truly aimed at anyone who just wants to create a game in Unity. You don't need prior Unity knowledge to take advantage of this series, just a basic knowledge of how to use any modern object-oriented-programming language. Plus, we get to make the framework for a Tanks-style action game!
- Anyone who knows the basics of programming in a modern language.
- Anyone who knows little to nothing about Unity.
- Anyone who wants their information complete, yet to the point.
- Anyone who has tried to learn unity but been frustrated by a lack of concise learning resources.