Unity 5 Build a chat system for online multiplayer games
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a professional online multiplayer chat system for your video games, just like professional games
- Design the chat system user interface in Unity
- Program the code to send messages to other players in their own computers
- Receive chat messages coming from the internet
- Design the scrolling view to view and scroll through the messages log
- Adding rich colored text messages (color coded messages)
In this lecture, you will learn how to play the game server and client. And You will get to test both interacting.
In this lecture, you will learn how to design the chat window user interface in Unity, using canvas and panels.
In this lecture, you will learn how to work on the chat window header UI.
In this lecture, you will learn how to make the latest chat messages appear first.
In this lecture, you will learn how to program the dragging effect on the chat window.
This lecture is the solution to the exercise on practicing your code debugging skills.
In this lecture, you will learn how to clear the chat input, once the message has been sent.
In this lecture, you will learn how to add the name of the player sending the message.
In this lecture, you will learn how to prevent the character to move while the user is typing text.
- How to download and open a project in Unity
- Basics of the Unity editor
Important: all software used are FREE to download and use on PC, LINUX and MAC computers (no need to pay, cheers!)
In this course you will learn how to use Unity3D to build a professional multiplayer chat system.
Why would you want to learn how to build a chat system? Because any good online multiplayer game out there uses a chat system where players can easily interact with eachother by sending text messages and receiving other player's messages back. This is a must-have in any online multiplayer games.
All the great games out there are using it, look at Star Wars, or World of Warcraft or MineCraft or even Pokemon. That's exactly what you will be making by taking this course.
The majority of the courses out there will only teach you how to create a chat system on one computer, but this course goes the beyond by have the chat system work on dozens of players texting eachother at the same time.
You will start learning how to design the chat window user interface, then you will get to program the code logic to send messages to other players. You will also get to program the code to receive messages from other players and create a chat window where you can scroll through the chat log. We will also go beyond and have the player name of the person sending the message, as well as add color coding to easily know who is sending the messages.
This course provides all the necessary assets for you. The only tool we use in this course is Unity 3D, and it's completely free to use. No need to spend extra money.
This course is easy to follow along since all the steps are shown to you in the video lectures, so you can't possibly miss a step.
Please join the course now. You've got nothing to lose because if i don't deliver, you'll get a full refund. I'll see you in the course.
- people that want to lear about Unity
- People that want to make pro games
- computer students
- software engineer
- graphic designes
- web designers
- art students
- Anyone with no programming skills
- This course is meant for non-artists, meaning you don't have to be an artist to be able to use 3D pixel art graphics provided in this course