Unit Testing AngularJS: Build Bugfree Apps That Always Work!
What you'll learn
- Build great AngularJS 1.X applications that will never fail unexpectedly
- Gain the required skills to use the most popular AngularJS testing tools, including Karma, Jasmine and Istanbul
- Spend more time creating amazing new features instead of fixing bugs
- Use Test Coverage to analyse and identify weak points in the code base
- Create and debug automated Unit tests that make sure every line of code does its job
- This course is for Angular 1.X
- You should already be familiar with how to write a basic AngularJS App.
With over 2400 students and 250+ positive reviews this course is Udemy's most popular course covering Unit Testing for AngularJS!
Read on to learn why testing your Angular code can help you build stronger apps that always work when you need them to.
When I first started using Angular for our projects, I fell in love with just how easy it was to create apps which looked and worked great.
But as the apps we developed became more complex, and the number of people working on the same codebase grew, it became more and more difficult to keep track of all the changes happening in the code and what it’s actually meant to be doing, which lead to a lot of bugs and headaches.
Re-writing or fixing broken code is not only frustratingly boring, it’s also a massive waste of time and money.
So I’d like to help you out, by showing you how learning about testing AngularJS apps will save you from falling into the same situation.
Hi, I’m Matt and in this course I’ll walk you through how to Unit Test AngularJS code so that your app will never again break unexpectedly.
After completing this course you’ll be able to implement unit tests in your own Angular app, so that you can spend less time on fixing bugs and just focus on the fun parts of development!
Whether you're a developer or a quality insurance engineer, you'll learn skills in this course which apply to any AngularJS environment.
You’ll learn about:
- Testing concepts, tools and why you should test
- Implementing code coverage in Angular using Istanbul and analysing the results to identify weak points in our tests and in our code
- How to setup Karma and Jasmine from scratch
- Tracking function calls and events using spies
- How to test custom controllers, filters and services
- How to mock dependencies using $provide and spies
- Keeping code DRY using Jasmine’s beforeEach() and afteEach() functions
- Testing custom directives’ JS code and the HTML template
- How to test for backend AJAX calls, timeouts and promises
- Debugging Karma to easily solve any problems with your unit tests
If you’re not convinced about enrolling in the Unit Testing AngularJS course and learning about using Karma and Jasmine testing in Angular, take a look at the free preview videos and let me show you how to make your code rock solid so that it stands the test of time!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for developers and QA engineers who would like to learn how to write automated tests for their AngularJS apps in order to spend less time fixing bugs.
- This course is NOT for developers who have never created an AngularJS app and want to learn about AngularJS in general
Hi, I'm Matt.
I'm a software developer who loves to use the latest technologies to create amazing applications that help people – but I'm also super into entrepreneurship and continuos self-improvement.
I live on the sunny island of Malta in the middle of the Mediterranean. Life's not too bad really, but I'm always looking for ways to make it better by learning how to be better.
For all the topics covered by my courses, I was in exactly the same position as you are right now. I wasn't an expert, I was a beginner. I read books, followed blogs and completed courses to learn new things and become better at what I do. By making myself better I became an expert.
And now I'd like to share all the knowledge that I've gained with you - with all the mistakes, head-scratching and "aha!" moments still fresh in my mind. I'm determined to make all my courses useful, memorable, easy to follow and fun - most importantly, I want my courses to help you become better.