Underwater Photography: Make Your Dive Gear Pay For Itself!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Color balance like a pro
- Select the right underwater camera, strobe, and gear
- Keep your gear safe!
- Take images using the right shutter speed, aperture, and composition
- Understand what fish and animals to take pictures of underwater
- How to approach a fish to get the right picture
- How to take great eel pictures
- No prerequisite knowledge
I started my career in underwater photography any goal was to publish one article. Within a few short months I had published my first article ever in Popular Photography and made $500! I'll show you how I did it (the underwater photography part) in this course. Don't be fooled, many online instructors have never published an article or made a single dollar as a photographer. Learn the core skills you will need to take underwater pictures that have vibrant colors and sharp focus.
Master an underwater photography method in this comprehensive course.
- Discover the best gear
- Master your camera settings
- Protect your gear
- Find your confidence in underwater photography
Professional tips and tricks to improve your photography today
Learning the foundations of underwater photography that puts a powerful and very unique ability at your fingertips. Underwater photography brings the magic of the ocean to life in a powerful way.
Being a skilled underwater photographer sets you apart from the pack. Books, publications, and exhibits are prime venues for a talented underwater photographer
Content and Overview
Suitable for beginners and intermediate underwater photographers, in this course you'll learn the fundamentals of underwater photography color correction. You'll build a strong foundation as an underwater photographer that you can used around the world while adventuring underwater.
Starting with a practical application section of color correction, diving, wildlife, and safety checks you'll move to key theory lessons and some practical experiences from the field.
You will have the skills to setup, shoot, and edit underwater photos.
Then, put your skills to use as we enjoy sharing our photos and talking together in the course.
Complete with sample images, instruction, and knowledge checks, you can work alongside the instructor as you earn your verifiable certificate of completion.
- Photographers who are starting in underwater photography
- Anyone taking a trip who plans on doing underwater photography
Come on a dive as I show you exactly how to setup and get some amazing images on this Hawaiian dive. You'll see goat fish, sea turtles, sharks, and more. Let's go!
Come with me as I take a waterproof color card in the pool and show you how light filters underwater. You'll also discover how to white balance your images in Lightroom (to get all that blue out) and the white balance and color correct videos. Tons of supplemental images and video included so be sure to check them out.
A few technical notes to get your camera settings just right
- Get better images
- Adjust your shutter speed right
- Adjust your aperture properly
Wrap up the entire course in this helpful and short review
- Exposure, color, composition, and focus
- The underwater world
- A game plan for each time in the water
- wrap up