OM Meditation: The Sound & Symbol of Yoga and Meditation
- 32 mins on-demand video
- 30 mins on-demand audio
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the secrets of the sound and symbol
- Know how to properly pronounce and chant the sound OM (AUM)
- Interpret what each part of the sound or vibration represents
- Equate each part of the symbol to a different state of consciousness
- Use OM correctly during meditation and yoga
- Students should have general interest in learning about meditation and yoga
You see the OM (AUM) symbol everywhere. You may see the OM symbol on jewelry or clothing. You may even chant OM during yoga class or during yoga meditation.
But do you really know what OM means and what it represents?
By the end of this mini-course you will understand:
* How the sound and symbol of OM originated
* How to pronounce the sound OM (AUM)
* What each part of the sound or vibration represents
* What each part of the OM symbol represents
* How to use OM as a meditation mantra during your meditation practice
Tradition (Hindu scriptures) tells us that OM is the primordial sound which caused the creation of the material universe. OM is also sometimes referred to as the sound from which all other sounds (and words) originate. Some even believe that the sound and symbol of OM has some sort of mystical power.
This course is a combination of talking head classes, presentations and quizzes. Also there are two OM meditation audio files that can be used as background meditation music, yoga music or you can even chant along with the OM chanting in the music.
Understanding the power of OM will invigorate and enhance your yoga practice, your meditation practice and your life in general. Chanting OM (even silently) has been attributed to experiencing deep relaxation, improved health, and being able to meditate for longer periods of time.
OM is truly THE universal mantra.
- This course is meant for anyone who is interested in yoga or meditation
In this lecture we learn about Brahman and the primordial sound of OM that created the universe.
We review the OM symbol and how it relates to human consciousness.