Understanding Unconscious Bias
What you'll learn
- Understand how unconscious biases are created
- Understand the effects of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Discover personal unconscious biases
- Learn and practice strategies for overcoming unconscious bias
- Develop knowledge and skills to make decisions to increase diversity
- This course has no prerequisites
- You should be able to use a computer at a beginner level
In this course, learners will build awareness of unconscious biases in the workplace by considering the many perspectives associated with them. The science of unconscious bias will be examined throughout to uncover biases both personally and professionally.
Learners will have the opportunity to examine a case study and build an action plan to help leverage diversity in the workplace.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to recognize and limit effects of unconscious bias in the workplace.
- Anyone interested in building soft skills for increasing success in the workplace.
Nikki Woodford is an education and innovation leader for a public school jurisdiction. Over the past 10 years, she has combined her knowledge and skills in technology integration with the implementation of curriculum and instruction. In previous capacities as an educator, coach, and district coordinator, she has explored, facilitated and modelled effective and innovative ways to engage learners.
- 4.3 Instructor Rating
- 20,750 Reviews
- 51,990 Students
- 2 Courses