Anger: Understanding the art and science of it
- 27 mins on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to integrate this newly attained knowledge about anger and the brain into behavioral changes and acquire paradigm shifts that will enhance their relationships with self and others. Students will learn the history of the field of neuroscience and the role that the brain plays in relationship to anger. Students will learn brain friendly practices and calming techniques to improve their behavior and anger related experiences. Students will learn the number one cause of anger. Students will learn the power they can have over anger instead of anger having power over them.
- Journal for reflections is suggested
- Further study is encouraged on the topic of anger. A recommended reading list is included with this course.
Understanding the Art and Science of Anger is a course designed to entice you to become self-aware and to understand the role our brain has on both the inner and outer experiences of anger. We will explore the field of neuroscience and learn what has been discovered about the complexity of our brains and the connection to our emotions, especially anger. Relationships can truly benefit when we our able to resolve conflict in healthy and connected ways. There are many materials that support the information in this course such as a bibliography,handouts and a quiz for fun to show how much students have learned.There are both video lectures in addition to powerpoint presentations.This course can be completed in several hours depending on how much time is spent in reviewing or reading additional materials.
Why would someone take this course? Because as a result of this course, students will have a strong understanding of anger, possess many new strategies to change old behaviors into new ones, and celebrate the skills that are healthy and beneficial for their relationships.
- Anyone who has ever experienced anger!
- This course has been created to assist anyone who would like to resolve their interpersonal and professional conflicts in healthier ways.
Take a moment to consider the principles of anger in this power point presentation before we get started. Each slide is a truth about anger and as you observe you might want to consider which of these truths has great meaning to you.
This lecture will give a brief explanation of what to expect in this course. The new and exciting implications from the neuro-science field is highlighted in regards to how we can now know things we could not know before.
What are six of the basic brain parts and what do they do? These are questions we will explore in this lecture. Each brain part has important responsibilities and an impact and why we get angry. Having a clear understanding of these brain parts can be very helpful to create new and changed behavior in regards to anger,