Understanding Material In Chess
- Make sure you know the rules of chess before starting this course.
This free chess course by Chess University serves as an introduction to material for novice chess players. This course is aimed at players in the 500-1000 Elo rating range and includes:
Video Lesson #1: “Why Material Matters” by FM Dalton Perrine.
Video Lesson #2: “Getting Ahead and Maintaining Material” by FM Arne Jochens.
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for beginner chess players wanting to improve their play. The focus is on understanding material in chess and how to apply related concepts in your own games.
- 00:13Introduction and Syllabus
- 22:03Video Lesson #1 - Why Material Matters
- 23:34Video Lesson #2: Getting Ahead and Maintaining Material
- 00:04Next Step
Chess University, Inc. is the world’s foremost online chess academy with over 30,000 members. We offer online chess lessons, chess camps, single-day seminars, chess-in-schools programs, simultaneous exhibitions with grandmasters, and comprehensive online courses such as the Prodigy Program. Our ensemble team of instructors includes the world’s greatest chess players and coaches such as five-time World Champion Viswanathan Anand and world's best-selling online chess coach Kairav Joshi.
Our courses on Udemy will be taught by Kairav Joshi, FIDE-Master Dalton Perrine, FIDE-Master Arne Jochens, and International Master Kostya Kavutskiy, all renown online chess instructors.