Understanding ICT- Information and Communication Technology
What you'll learn
- Understand what ICT is.
- Identify types and components of computer systems.
- Understand Information Processing Cycle.
- Learn about Hardware and Software.
- Get to grips with Emerging technologies.
- Identify Types of Input and Output Devices.
- Understand Networks types and Network Hardware
- Understand what a Database is.
- Learn about Cloud computing.
- Understand what Expert System is.
- Learn about various ICT APPLICATIONS.
- Master key concepts with IGCSE examination-style questions.
- The course starts from basic principles and requires no prior knowledge of ICT.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to ICT, Information and Communication Technology, covering what you will need to know as you prepare for the exams. This course will take you through all the necessary stages.
Section 1: Types and components of computer systems
What is ICT?
Identify main components of computer systems.
Hardware and Software.
Identify internal hardware such as:
Internal storage devices
Identify external hardware such as:
Secondary storage devices
Information Processing Cycle
Software: Identify different types of software.
HCI- Human-Computer –Interface:
Identify Types of computer system
Section 2: Impact of emerging technologies
Artificial intelligence ( A.I)
Computer Assisted Translation (CAT)
3D and Holographic Imaging
Section 3: Types of Input Devices
Inputting Sound & Music
Direct input systems
Magnetic ink character recognition (MICR)
Optical mark recognition (OMR)
Optical character recognition (OCR)
Radio Frequency ID Reader (RFID)
Magnetic stripe readers
pH(potential of Hydrogen)
Section 4: Types of Output Devices
Section 5: Storage Devices and Media
Backups and Archives
Section 6: Networks
Understand what a computer communication is, and the basic elements of a communication system.
Understand what a computer network is, network strategy, and network servers.
Identify types of network and the characteristics of Local Area Network (LAN), and Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).
Identify types of Networking Hardware such as:
•Network interface cards
Section 7: Data Security
Security Issues: Pharming-Spam-SMISHING- Vishing-Spyware-Virus
Data Protection Methods: Authentication-TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION-
Digital certificate-Transport Layer Security-Encryption
Section8: Cloud Computing
What is cloud computing?
Models of Cloud Computing.
Types of cloud environments
Section 9: Databases
What is Database?
Types of Database
Using Database and DBMS
Data Validation and Verification.
Section 10: Expert System
What is an expert system?
The main parts of expert systems.
How Do Expert Systems Work?
How such a system would be created.
Examples of their uses.
Section 11: ICT Applications
An overview of ICT Applications, and the ways in which ICT is used in our lives:
Publicity and corporate image publications
MONITORING AND TRACKING SYSTEMS,
Who this course is for:
- Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge,
- this course is ideal way to gain a qualification in ICT through home study.
* Over 15 years of senior-level leadership in areas of Information systems and IT including:
-Enterprise architecture and IT Service Management.
* Managed Information Systems and IT services in Banking and Retail-Wholesale environment, spanning:
* ITIL Certified in IT service management and IT Service Operations.