Understanding Docker and using it for Selenium automation
- Basic understanding on Virtual machines and operating systems
- Understanding on Selenium automation
Understanding Docker and using it for Selenium automation course is designed in such a way that any one with zero knowledge on docker and its related concepts can get up to the speed easily without much effort.
This course is splitted into three parts
1. Understanding the ABC of Docker
2. Docker Compose
3. Selenium Grid with Docker
All these three sections are intrinsic, meaning they are interdependent on each other and hence sometimes students may need to go back and forth to get into some related concepts.
First two sections deals with Docker and its related commands, whereas in third section one much have knowledge on Selenium with C# to write code on visual studio for running tests in parallel on multiple containers and multiple browser.
- This course is designed for Developers and Testers
- Since this course talk about infrastructure, its also for Devops
- Part 2 - Understanding and working with Containers09:25
- Part 3 - Installing and getting started with Docker for Windows08:12
- Part 4 - Working with Docker containers and commands12:30
- Part 5a - Pulling and working with container from docker hub (part a)07:28
- Part 5b - Pulling and working with container from docker hub (part b)07:52
- Part 6 -Linking and working with multiple containers to perform single operation13:49
- Part 7 - An Introduction to Docker Compose09:02
- Part 8 - Working with Multiple Containers using Docker Compose08:34
- Part 1 - Introduction to Selenium grid with Docker04:02
- Part 2 - Initiating docker selenium grid container setup15:15
- Part 3 - Writing Code for SeleniumGrid to run on multiple containers in parallel07:46
- Part 4 – Setting Selenium grid setup using Docker compose12:03
I am Karthik K.K. I do consulting, blogging and researching on various different tools and technologies which inspires my interest. I have been into Software Automation Testing for over 13 years now and my interest in learning new stuffs which enables automation has never been compromised.
Due to my passion in automation testing I got fully exposed to tools and languages like
Desktop & Web : QTP, Selenium, Specflow, VS Coded UI, Ranorex ,Test Complete and Cucumber
Mobile : Appium, Robotium,Calabash, Espresso, Selendroid
Cloud Tools : Azure, Dockers
Misc Tools: Mockito, Rest-assured, Bound-Box,FluentAutomation
Interested in: MVC, Entity framework, LINQ, Fakes, Distributed deployment, SAAS