Understanding Depth Of Field (It's not just about F-stops)
- 36 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Student will learn how to better control focus depth and in turn be more creative with their photography.
- Students should know how to shoot in manual mode or know how to adjust aperture and shutter settings on their camera.
What is Depth Of Field (DOF)
The distance between the nearest and the furthest objects that give an image judged to be in focus in a camera.
One fo the key elements of aperture is depth of field. All variables in photography have a give and take, and with your aperture as we gain light we also lose depth of field. But aperture is not the only variable the affects depth of field, so we will take a look at those other variables.
In this lesson you will see how DOF is controlled by two key elements F-stops and distance from camera to subject and we'll take look at a few other variables.
2. What is DOF.
3. How aperture and distance controls DOF.
3. How focal length controls DOF.
4. Tests: F-stops and focal length.
5. Tests: camera to subject distance.
6. Tests: focal point. (critical focus)
7. Tests: focal length.
- Anyone truly interested in photography, whether beginner or advanced.