Understanding CouchDB : Learn Basic & Advanced NoSQL Skills
- 7 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install and configure CouchDB
- Understand differences between CouchDB and traditional databases
- Create and edit documents and databases
- Security options for CouchDB
- Work with design documents and Map/Reduce to query data
- Work with the Mango Query system to query data
- Utilize replication and clustering
- Perform many actions in bulk
- You should have a basic understanding of databases.
BEING UPDATED FOR CouchDB 3.0!!!
Apache CouchDB is an exciting NoSQL database that is easy to get up and running with. It stores JSON documents and attachments of any type. You are free to store your data the way you want, and access it the way you want. It features a brilliant web interface which allows you to quickly maintain many aspects of the program and each database.
In this course we will discuss:
The fundamentals of what CouchDB is, and how it differs from traditional databases
The different versions of CouchDB that are available (version 1 thru 3 and Cloudant)
How to install CouchDB on MacOS, Windows and Linux
How to sign up for a hosted CouchDB account
Working in the web interface (Futon and Fauxton)
Working with the REST API
Create and work with Design Documents
Running queries with Mango
Replication among databases and servers
More content will be added to this course as CouchDB develops.
Please note: this course is about Apache CouchDB and NOT Couchbase which is a completely unrelated database
The official slogan of CouchDB is "Relax." So relax and enjoy this class and CouchDB. There are no stupid questions, so relax and ask them.
- Students and developers interested in using CouchDB
- NoSQL database users looking to expand into CouchDB
- Anyone looking for an alternative to traditional relational databases