The Essential Guide to Aquaculture Industry
What you'll learn
- Learn what is aquaculture
- Basic understanding on type of aquaculture
- Introduction to new technology in aquaculture
- Basic knowledge on Recirculating Aquaculture System and Biofloc technology
- No prerequisites required, but some knowledge in certain areas might help your understanding to the course.
Aquaculture has been developed for more than a decade aiming for sustainable seafood production. There are many animals and plants involved in aquaculture production, including fish, shrimp, crab and seaweed. As the demand for seafood and aquatic product has increased together with the increasing world population, aquaculture can be a good business to look into. Furthermore, there is also an introduction to new technology that has been developed to help the farmers. However, before venturing into aquaculture, there are many aspects to be considered and understand in the first place.
The course consist of 9 sections which include general introduction on aquaculture type, intensity and water quality part to help you understand. This general understanding is crucial to avoid massive losses during the farming period. This course is basically designed to help participants to gain knowledge of the aquaculture concept and technology.
1. Learn the basic of aquaculture term and examples of the production gained worldwide
2. Understand the basic of good water quality control
3. Understand how new technology helps to overcome challenges in traditional farming
4. Basic introduction to new technology developed in the aquaculture field
5. Basic introduction to Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
6. Basic introduction to BIOFLOC Technology
Who this course is for:
- Beginner of aquaculture industry that eager to know more about aquaculture
- Investor that are interested to venture into aquaculture for the business
- Aquaculturist that are exploring new technology in aquaculture to improve productivity
Diploma in Chemical Engineering (Singapore Polytechnic)
BEng in Mechanical Engineering (Nanyang Technological University)
MSc in Petroleum Engineering (Imperial College London)
Wireline Engineer in Schlumberger (United Arab Emirates, Angola)
Research Lead in RAS Aqauculture (Malaysia)
Over 2 years of operation experience in running a mud crab farm. Taught over 150 students all over the globe with regards to farming mud crabs in the vertical farming systems.