Understanding and Succeeding with ADHD
What you'll learn
- Understanding is power – Understand ADHD from the latest research.
- What causes ADHD.
- What treatments work and what does not.
- Learn how professionals assess, diagnose and effectively treat ADHD.
- Learn what difficulties are commonly associated with ADHD and how to overcome them.
- What executive functioning is, why it is important and how to maximize it with ADHD.
- How to recognize adult ADHD and cope with it.
- How to take advantage of the positive aspects of ADHD.
- How to best cope with ADHD in a school or business environment.
- Organizational methods that are necessary to be successful.
- How to best cope with ADHD emotionally and socially.
- How to best cope with behavioral issues.
- Driving, substance abuse and other dangers of untreated ADHD.
- Parent, spouse and family stress and how to best manage it.
- Understand the role of genetics and how ADHD can impact members of a family.
- Best coping strategies for teens.
- Understanding how to be an executive parent.
- Loving and accepting yourself and why that is important, especially for someone with ADHD.
- How to best use therapy.
- Understanding medication and how to use it optimally.
- Learn how to work effectively and productively with your medical doctor.
- Learn how to be the effective parent.
- Computer, iPad or smartphone.
- The only other requirement is wanting to learn the truth about ADHD from the latest research. You will gain compensation skills and strategies as well as the most effective way to treat it.
ADHD can be a debilitating handicap if not understood and dealt with appropriately. It can affect every area of a person’s life. ADHD is one of the most researched areas today. We know so much about it, unfortunately there is a great deal of misunderstanding and misinformation.
Dr. Hyde will give you the latest and most accurate information to date. You will be able to understand it, know how to best treat it and learn coping mechanisms that can help you succeed in school, business, home and relationships. We will examine what ADHD is and what it is not, what causes it, how to assess it, treat it and effectively cope and ultimately triumph with it.
Often, all you need is good information and then to apply and practice what you’ve learned to be highly successful.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to help someone with ADHD (parent, spouse, teacher, medical doctor, therapist) or who has ADHD themselves and wants to know how to use it to their advantage as well as learn the latest in research and coping strategies.
For over 30 years Dr. Randy Hyde, Child & Family Clinical Psychologist, has dedicated his life to understanding the science of psychology and helping people on a daily basis. During that amount of time he has also been training other psychology doctoral students in helping others overcome challenges and maximize their lives and potential. He is an instructor and developer of successful therapeutic programs and trainings. He has said that if a person knows what to do, how to do it and has confidence in doing it through repeated practice – that is the formula for success. Dr. Randy Hyde just naturally loves people and imparts his warmth, training and knowledge in an easy to learn and apply, fun and humorous way.