WordPress for Beginners - Understand WordPress Quickly
- You’ll need a WordPress installation
- If you want to try building a website using one of our AIT WordPress themes, you’ll need a Premium or a Directory theme
- No previous WordPress experience is required
- You do not even need to know what WordPress themes are and how they work
- No coding required
This course presents the basics of working with WordPress and offers practical screencast tutorials to teach you how to use our themes when building a new website. In short videos, you can find answers to FAQs that beginners most often encounter when getting familiar with WordPress. The course contains more than one hour of video tutorials and is divided into six main sections.
WordPress course for beginners starts with explaining what can be set up in wp-admin and shows the necessary steps to understand how to work with WordPress. Then we explain in the course how the development of websites via AIT WordPress theme works, as well as what changes can be made directly via our Page Builder. We’ll have a closer look at customisation of Directory themes in order to get an overview of their functionalities and available features.
There is no need to read any documentation beforehand, neither to make any time-consuming research for complete beginners as to how to build a website without coding.
- The course is designed for absolute beginners who want to understand WordPress logic as one of the most used platforms for websites and portals creation.
- It’s also for those who are planning to create a WordPress website and are looking for a practical guide on how to get started.
- Whoever wants to find out more about the functionality and customisation of Directory themes will find useful tips here as well.
- If you do not want to read extensive documentation on how WordPress works, this course is definitely for you.
- Skills that can be learned from this course can be utilized by small business owners too. Thanks to this course, you’ll be able to create a simple WordPress website on your own. By using our AIT WordPress theme you will achieve significant cost savings on professional designer and developer.
- This is the right place also for those who don’t want to start building website from scratch, so they rather take advantage of a WordPress theme which will simplify website building for them.
- As the course focuses primarily on users with no or limited skills who have no PHP knowledge, it is designed to be as comprehensible as possible. That’s also the reason why we omitted advanced settings at this time.
- What is WordPress?01:40
- Basics of Login and Language Settings01:52
- Quick Dashboard Overview02:16
- What is a Post and how to create it?01:34
- How to display Posts02:43
- Formatting Posts03:28
- Post status in WordPress06:28
- Post visibility02:25
- Post Categories and Tags04:10
- Post excerpts04:18
- Add Image02:13
- Image meta tags01:41
- How to create Image link01:53
- Theme installation02:36
- How to change Logo and configure logo width01:10
- Website Favicon00:46
- How to hide Breadcrumbs01:01
- Display Testimonials in Carousel02:05
- How to work with Megamenu02:54
- Custom Post type translation with AIT Languages Plugin01:31
- What is Default Layout02:02
- How to import Layout from one Page to another01:09
- Normal vs. Special Pages02:04
- Core functionalities of Directory+ Theme10:09
- How to turn on Registration form00:58
- Login and Register widget02:28
- Featured Items02:42
- Maximum number of Items01:18
- How to enable Easy Admin01:27
We are the team of web design enthusiasts and developers of WordPress templates and plugins. We focus on business multilingual themes as well as directory & listings portals.
The story of AIT Themes has begun more than 10 years ago - since then we have gathered tons of knowledge and experience that we would like to share with the beginner developers and WordPress platform fans. Because we believe it’s always better to take an advice than to learn from your own mistakes. You can learn from our mistakes instead :)
All our courses are created by our internal experienced developers and their content is 100% tested in real life.