Understand & Predict Your Centrifugal Compressor Performance
What you'll learn
- Understand and predict your centrifugal compressor behavior and performance
- Optimize the operation efficiency of your centrifugal compressor
- Assess the effect of one inlet condition change on your compressor performance
- Assess the effect of multiple inlet conditions changes on your compressor performance
- Assess the effect of your system resistance on your compressor performance
- Adjust your centrifugal compressor rated performance curve to your actual inlet conditions
- Know and use the useful Fan-Law relationships
- DOWNLOAD THE AMAZING CENTRIFUGAL COMPRESSOR PERFORMANCE EXCEL WORKBOOK INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Must have attended our "Centrifugal Compressors : Principles, Operation & Design" training course or have previous experience working with Centrifugal Compressors
- Having attended our "Flow of Fluid Through Piping systems" training course is a plus but not mandatory
Centrifugal compressors of various designs and applications are encountered nowadays throughout refining, petrochemical and process industries as well as in power generation and environmental engineering.
These dynamic machines are highly sensitive to the gas operating conditions at their inlet. Operating parameters such as pressure, temperature, compressibility, molecular weight and specific heat ratio of the gas as well as the compressor's rotational speed strongly affect the performance of these machines.
This training course will show you how to use the performance curves and a set of equations to calculate the effects of changes in these operating parameters. This will give you the necessary tools and place you in a better position to understand, evaluate and predict your compressor performance and behavior for a successful operation of your plant and piping system.
The training course is designed around a series of practical examples which we work through to a solution to reinforce your understanding of this complex topic.
Also included in this training course a valuable Excel Workbook : Centrifugal Compressor Performance Excel Workbook
This workbook provides qualitative and quick comparisons and application notes for centrifugal compressors. It describes calculations and procedures to predict performance characteristics, especially head, discharge pressure and power.
This valuable Excel workbook presents formulas and data for :
General centrifugal compressor calculations
Assessing the effect of one inlet condition change on compressor performance
Assessing the effect of multiple inlet condition changes on compressor performance
Assessing the effect of system resistance on compressor performance
Adjusting centrifugal compressor rated performance curve to actual inlet conditions
Useful Fan-Law relationships
Valuable charts and diagrams for centrifugal compressors
NOTE : This Excel workbook includes Visual Basic for Application function subroutines. Macros must be enabled for them to work
INSTRUCTION TO DOWNLOAD THE CENTRIFUGAL COMPRESSOR PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT EXCEL WORKBOOK :
1. Upon enrolling in, expand the last section "DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES"
2. Under the lecture "Download me", click on the folder "Resources" => A list of downloadable files will appear
3. Click on "Centrifugal Compressor Performance Assessment Excel Workbook"
4. A download window will pop-up. Select the location where you want to save the Excel file
5. Once downloaded and saved on your computer, you can start using this amazing file
This Excel Workbook is provided by WR Training "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the Copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services, loss of use, data, or profits, or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this Excel Workbook, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical, Process and Chemical Engineers
- Product Engineers and Technologists
- Operation, technical service and maintenance professionals
- Engineers, Consultants and Sales professionals
- Technical professionals responsible for piping system inspection
- Technical professionals responsible for interdisciplinary energy projects
Welcome to our Udemy page.
WR Training is a group of professional engineers from various disciplines (chemical, petrochemical, mechanical, electrical…) providing academic and industrial online courses.
Whether you’re trying to learn and discover a new scientific or engineering topic from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learnt in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
WR Training exists to help you succeed in your academic and professional life. Our goal is to spread the knowledge and promote science.
The courses, you are about to enroll in, were undertaken to give you a clear view of scientific and engineering topics through detailed examples using hands on demo and provide numerous problems with their solutions. You can also use these courses as a review for taking exams or as a vehicle for self-instruction.
Our training methodology was designed to enable individual self paced e-learning.
Each course has been undertaken to teach a specific skill.
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
We are active online instructors and we will be here for you every step of the way. If you have questions about the course content, you can always post your questions or send us a private message. It will be our pleasure to provide assistance and answer your questions.
So with no further ado, go ahead, select the course suitable for you, click the enroll button and we'll see you in the first section !
Spread the wings of your knowledge