Understand customer needs through research
What you'll learn
- Recognise the effects of a good customer experience
- Recognise the types of materials that are typically called personas
- Recognise how your own organisation uses research-based customer profiles
- Recognise the elements that make an effect research-based customer profiles
- Recognise the need to persuade leadership to invest in research
- Recognise how to create a research plan and to execute it
- Recognise how to roll out the research-based customer profiles across the organisation
- Recognise the gap assessment of processes required from those which exist today
- Understanding customer profiles and how they are used in product development, design and marketing
Organisations struggle to make the best decisions as they have a host of deeply-held assumptions about their customers.
This naturally leads to:
Multiple moments throughout the customer journey where the organisation doesn’t meet the customer’s goals
Disagreement amongst stakeholders about what the customer actually wants
Awkwardness around prioritising what matters the most to the customer
This course will teach you how to go about creating that insight and how to put it into practice.
Avoiding the persona trap
Don’t make the mistake creating hypothetical personas. They don’t provide permission for change, as they’re simply made up. Without the depth of trusted insight, your stakeholders can and will ignore you.
Conducting research properly can be a time consuming exercise, but a rewarding one. But this is only a quarter of the story. Simply executing your research and issuing profiles will most likely lead to business as usual.
You need to concentrate on changing hearts and minds and know how to mitigate against the numerous risks. This course has been specifically created to address the effectiveness of developing and implementing profiles.
Focused on what matters
There’s no ‘what is a persona?’ or long-winded explanations - you don’t have time for that. It’s straight to the point with specific lectures and tools in just over 90 minutes, enabling you to:
Understand the hard numbers behind great customer experiences to powerfully convince your leadership why create such a tool
Conduct an audit of what’s in use today and start to change mindsets by unpicking assumptions about your customers
Have a comprehensive plan of activities and mitigate against common risks
Know the exact steps and methods to plan and conduct research yourself
Know what elements in your profiles are most useful, with a plan for rolling-out across your organisation.
If you’re at a mid level in your role and looking to make a real impact to breakthrough to the leadership level, this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Products managers looking to generate double digit growth
- Experience designers looking at creating user-centred services
- Mid-level Marketers looking to deepen skill sets
Jonathan combines 30 years experience in digital design and brand strategy with user experience. He has led a number of high-profile agencies and consultancies including Tribal DDB, Accenture, and DigitasLBI. for a range of high-profile clients many of which have been on their own digital transformation journey. He often works with his clients directly on a one-to-one basis.