Unconscious Bias in the Workplace: UB Training Exercises
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Differentiate between bias, prejudice, and discrimination
- Be able to apply multiple explanations/lenses when discussing unconscious bias
- Be able to apply these explanations to create activities to combat/reduce bias in the short-term
- Gain an appreciation of how work networks are critical for long-term change
- No. Just an open-mind
Unconscious Bias in the Workplace; Unconscious Bias Training Exercises begins by considering what unconscious bias is and considers real life examples of the types of unconscious bias particularly common in the workplace.
Our unconscious bias training exercises are broken down into whether they are effective in reducing unconscious bias in the short-term or long-term. In one particular lesson (Proximal vs. Distal explanations of Phenomena), Ermin breaks down the science and reasoning for why some strategies for reducing unconscious bias are only short-term and why others are long-term.
Throughout the course, Ermin relies on different strategies to raise awareness and combat unconscious bias. There is a clear focus on education, in particular how human behavior and unconscious bias are related, critical thinking, and practical activities. Short-term solutions are more about awareness and action to reduce bias, while long-term solutions are more about building social networks of influence that make permanent change more likely.
- Individuals interested in how unconscious bias presents itself in the workplace
- Individuals interested in unconscious bias training exercises
In this lesson I discuss what unconscious bias is and related terms that are easy to confuse.