Ultimate Text Editing Productivity with Sublime Text
What you'll learn
- How to use Sublime Text like a professional
- How to be more effective as a developer using keyboard shortcuts
- Effectively edit code, prose and more at speed
- Know all the pro features of Sublime Text and how to use them
- No programming experience needed. You will need a copy of Sublime Text to follow along
Learn how to use Sublime Text like an expert! In this class you will learn all the incredible capabilities of Sublime Text and how to use its tools and techniques to make your productivity soar.
Whether you are writing code or prose, Sublime Text can get the job done at a blistering pace.
We won't just cover the basics like installation and setup. Most of this course will deal with the killer features you probably don't even know about! This is a course for beginners and established users alike. Whether you use Sublime Text on Linux, Windows or Mac on screen shortcuts show the relevant keyboard shortcuts for each editor.
Whether you have just got Sublime Text or been using it for years and want to use it more effectively, Ultimate Text Editing with Sublime Text has something for you!
We will cover:
- Viewing and reverting 'diffs'
- Editing at speed with multiple cursors
- Creating build systems for oft used tasks
- Making snippets to expand common boilerplate text
- Switching windows and tabs with the keyboard
- Jumping through previous edit points and selections
- Using fullscreen and distraction free modes
- Using code folding to keep your mind on the task at hand
- Sublime Text has arithmetic built in. Use it to create numbered lists and auto calculate selections
And much, much more!
The project of this class is taking part in the Final Challenge. You should play that video and pause the video at each task.
Try and remember the features you have learnt in prior lessons and the shortcuts needed to achieve them.
You can consider yourself a 10th Dan Sublime Black Belt if you can carry out those tasks without needing to refer back to the other videos!
If you think you have what it takes, upload a short (3-5mins) video of you editing text using the techniques you have learnt. The less mouse use the better! Lemme see what you've got! Talk us through your edits as you go!
Who this course is for:
- Any developer or writer looking to be more effective at text editing with Sublime Text
Hello, I'm Ben Frain. I'm the author of web development books including the best-selling, "Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS", "Sass and Compass for Designers" and "Enduring CSS".
In my day job I work as a UI-UX Design Technical Lead.
Before the web I worked as an underrated (and modest) TV actor and technology journalist, having graduated Salford University with a degree in Media and Performance (fat lot of use that was!).
I've written four equally underrated screenplays (admittedly, my opinion) and still half the fading notion I may sell one.
Outside of work I enjoy simple pleasures: playing indoor football while my body (and wife) still allow it and wrestling with my two sons.