- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the Platform as a Service and advantages of building one with Containers
- Install and configure a Openshift Cluster using various options
- Deploying applications with High Availabilit, Fault Tolerance and Self Healing built in
- Setup service discovery and load balancing with Openshift Services and Router, understand the service networking
- Manage different types of workloads with Deployments, Statefulsets, Crons and Jobs
- Understand how persistent storage works with PVs, PVCs, Storageclasses and dynamic provisioners
- Setup Auto Scaling with Horizontal Pod Autoscaler
- Docker Fundamentals - Running Containers, Building Images with Dockerfiles etc.
- Basic YAML syntax
- Basic Linux Commands
- Option 1: A coomputer with 8GB RAM, 4 Cores
- Option 2: Cloud Account e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean
Just like how real world shipping containers revolutionised the way goods are packaged, handled and transported across the globe industry, Docker along with open container ecosystem is transforming the software delivery by brining in the standardisation. Docker offers a way to run isolated processes and also allows one to package an application along with its run time environment using primitives such as dockerfiles. However, when it comes to running docker in a production like environment, with container work loads spanning across more than one nodes, you need a COE ( Container Orchestration Engine). COEs offer clustering and convert your nodes into one super computer, make intelligent decisions as to where to schedule the containers, connect containers running on different nodes by setting up multi host network and offer many other interesting features such as fault tolerance, zero downtime deployments etc.
Kubernetes is the gold standard in the world of container orchestration. It was originally created by Google, based on their experience of building and managing containers at scale ( at Google Scale). However its now driven by Cloud Native Compute Foundation ( CNCF), an open body Kubernetes comes with mind boggling features, is very reliable, and extremely sophisticated container orchestration engine. It can let you convert your infrastructure into a Container as a Service (Platform), brining in some of the awe inspiring features such as Zero Down Time Deployments, Fault Tolerance, Auto Scaling, Cloud and Storage integrations, which were extremely difficult to implement. And it brings it to the masses with its truly open, lock in free eco system.
With Kubernetes' sophistication however, comes the complexity too. Thats where Openshift becomes very relevant. Openshift simplified kubernetes deployment by abstracting away the complexity and by providing a simple, unified interface. It also gives you a complete Platform as a Service offering by packaging Kubernetes, Container Registry, Container Runtime, Build and pipelines tools including Jenkins and also creates best practices and integration out of box. You could just point to your application code, and openshift builds and deploys it taking care of high availaibility, fault tolerance, scalability, self healing, reliability ... . Its does all the magic for you !
This course brings to you a distilled experience with my knowledge of building and managing infrastructures, experience of helping companies with their devops journey and more than 350 corporate trainings. This is a well researched program and I have tried many variants of applications, with different flows, took feedback, and iterated many times. Thats one of the reasons why it took us more than 4 months to even launch the course in its first form. We have also started incorporating some new and useful techniques including glassboard, mindmaps to explain the concepts better and make things easier. I and my team wants to make this program the best in the world, and are constantly working towards it.
When you sign up for this course now, you are guaranteed to receive these updates, that our promise to you ! We wish you all the best while learning Openshift !!
- Developers who would like to deploy their applications with containers and like to understand how to leverage Openshift features
- Operations or devops folks who would like to build PaaS or a Container as a Service Offering and Operate it
- Anyone who would like to understand Openshift from grounds up
- Anyone who wants to run containers in Production or Production Like Environments
- Anyone who wants to appear for Openshift Certifications by RedHat