- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 32 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Begin running for the very first time
- Improve your 5km, 10km, half-marathon, marathon and ultra-marathon times
- Implement new running techniques such as interval training, hills training and stairs
- Perfect your foot strike, correct your breathing and better understand what your heart rate can tell you
- Understand your basic food groups and how to fuel your body correctly before, after and during a run
- Gain insight into how to improve your health through natural foods
- Bake your own healthy treats for race day
- Understand what cross training you need to do as a runner
- Grasp the importance of stretching and how to foresee and prevent an injury
- Select the perfect running gear
- Practice specific running techniques to aid your weight loss success
- Learn new tips and tricks gathered from years of running experience
- Master the psychology of positive running
- Students should be willing to try running for the first time if they haven't before
- Students who are already runners should be interested in trying some new techniques to improve their fitness
- Students should be interested in running and should feel enticed to improve their fitness and health
- Some supplementary course material is in the form of Microsoft Excel documents and so a basic understanding of excel is encouraged although each for each document there is a step-by-step tutorial on how to use it
"Running never gets easier, but if you don't change your mindset, it never gets more difficult either"
Running is both beautiful and dreadful, the highs are high, the lows are low. For some, the most difficult act is that of putting on your shoes, for some its the act of resting, but for everyone who's tried it, running is incredibly unique and personal.
We understand that running is not a means-to-an-end but rather an integral part of a healthy and happy life.
As people who love to run every day, we want to share the joy of running with you, as your friends, as well as help you to become the best runner you can be, as your coaches.
Whatever your running goals may be, this course will help you achieve them and take your running to the next level. There is something here for everyone from the beginner to the seasoned runner.
We've noticed a gap between those of you looking to start running for the very first time and those of you looking to break your best time on your next ultra-marathon and we've built the bridge to join us all into one big running community.
We've answered your questions, some of which you may not have known to ask yet, and we've covered all facets of a runners' lifestyle from training, racing, cross-training and injuries to nutrition, psychology and even gadgets.
This course covers everything from the foundations of good running techniques to the tricks only learned through years of running experience! We are your online running coaches, nutritionists, mentors and comrades.
The course offers:
Hours of video lectures and presentations
Real-life training footage
Downloadable training plans
Pages of recipes and downloadable meal plans
This course is easy to navigate and find the relevant lectures for your own unique goals. It is a necessary accessory to your training and should constantly be referred back to. This is not designed to be watched from start to finish but rather be incorporated into your runs and practical everyday life. That being said, the course could be completed in a little over 6 hours.
This course is for anyone looking to improve their running fitness, set new goals and reach them, improve their overall health and look after their bodies and well-being through the sport of running.
- Anyone who wants to start running
- Anyone who wants to improve their running
- Anyone who wants to achieve a specific running goal
- Anyone who wants to lead a healthy lifestyle
- Anyone who wants to learn something new about running
This video will give you an introduction to Interval Training/Speedwork, talks about the amazing effect speedwork can have on your running and details what is to be covered in the following videos.
One of the most overlooked aspects of running is techniques, how do we run, how do we hold our body, what does our posture, form and stride tell us about our body.There is so much efficiency to be gained from analyzing running technique, this video gives an overview of the videos to come to cover these fundamental topics.
Running downhill can be one of the most damaging things to do if done incorrectly and can have a negative impact on your joints in later life. It is so important to run downhill carefully. This video describes the best way for you to practice and focus on running downhills.
This video introduces the nutrition course, explaining why nutrition is so important to us, followed by the order of progression through the course. It will help you to orientate yourself through this section.
This is a slide-show presentation specifically for marathon and ultra-marathon runners on how to efficiently refuel during a long race using food and drink depending on calories burned and absorbed. Example meals are included for easy calculations and personal race-day meal plan development.
This document shows how to eat healthily throughout the day using a meal plan that includes all your major food groups in the right ratios. There are plenty of examples of recommended foods to eat and suggested serving sizes to help you decide which meals work for you. Whether you want to make some small changes to improve your health or whether you want to follow the plan strictly to help you lose weight, take this along on your next shopping trip and start your journey to health today!
Losing weight is not about "going on diet", it's about changing your life style. Being active and eating healthily are key aspects. To be a healthy person, activity should be an integral part of your daily life and running is one of the best and most rewarding physical activities. This video will show you why and includes a training plan with specifically chosen running techniques proven to aid weight loss. Check out the downloads section for a healthy eating plan that will guide you towards a healthier life!