Ultimate Guide to Debugging in Unity
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be able to identify and fix common Unity errors quickly and effectively
- Approach tough errors with a step-by-step strategy leading to the solution
- Understand the debugging tools that Unity provides and use them to your advantage
- Have hands-on experience fixing errors mimicking real-world scenarios
- Be able to write C# code quicker and with less bugs
This lecture introduces Section 2: Basics of Debugging. It will introduce the topics discussed in this section.
This lecture will explain the concept of debugging. By the end of this lecture you will understand what debugging is and why we care about it.
This lecture will explain one of the resources Unity provides for debugging: the Debug class. By the end of this lecture, you will see the amazing potential of this class and understand how to use its code to your advantage.
This lecture introduces Section 3: Common Errors and How to Fix Them. By the end of this lecture, you will understand the structure of this section of the course.
This lecture explains what a "Class, Struct, or Interface Method Must Have a Return Type" Exception is and how to fix it.
- Unity (Free)
- Some Unity C# knowledge
Do you get frustrated when you run into errors in your code? Do you spend countless hours staring at your computer only to find that you made a small oversight that broke your code? This course will teach you tips, tricks, and techniques that will help you to approach debugging in a strategic manner. No more guess and check or random deletion of buggy parts of code. You will be able to precisely narrow down the cause of an issue and fix it. This course will teach you how to save time by speeding up your debugging workflow using step-by-step techniques.
This course has two major parts. In the first part you will learn the basics of debugging and understand the tools that Unity provides you to track down and fix errors. In the second part of the course, you will learn about common errors and how to fix them. We will go through step-by-step looking at each error type, possible causes, and debugging checklist to narrow down the issue. Then I will go through hands-on examples in Unity showing an application of the techniques taught. It’s not about memorizing how to solve each error, it is about understanding the mentality of debugging and applying what you know to each situation.
Are you ready to become a master of debugging and speed up your development time in Unity? This Ultimate Guide to Debugging in Unity will get you there.
- Any Unity developer looking to speed up their development time
- Anyone who gets frustrated at errors in their code
- Developers who want to learn proven, step-by-step techniques to identify and fix errors
- Unity programmers who want to become proficient using the debugging tools Unity provides