Super Fun Ukulele Lessons for Kids | Mr. Uku and Friends
What you'll learn
- Familiarizing with the ukulele
- Identifying the parts of the ukulele
- Proper posture and effective ways of pressing the strings
- Basic downward strumming
- Basic musical timing (steady beat)
- Playing the C - F - G Chords
- Chord chart reading
- Playing 11 different children's songs, plus creating your own song.
- Encouraging the habit of practicing playing an instrument
- Building self confidence
- To sum it up: Basics of playing the ukulele, loving the instrument and having fun with it
- Having a ukulele is not a prerequisite.
- For those who don't yet have the instrument, these lessons will build curiosity, offer the basics of ukulele playing, and instill a love of the ukulele
This course is all about getting to know the ukulele, falling in love with the instrument, and learning its basics in a fun and creative way.
Our objectives are:
Familiarizing with the ukulele
Identifying the parts of the ukulele
Proper posture and effective ways of pressing the strings
Basic downward strumming
Basic musical timing (steady beat)
Playing the C - F - G Chords
Chord chart reading
Playing 11 different children's songs, plus creating your own song.
Encouraging the habit of practicing playing an instrument
Building self confidence
Table of Contents
Episode 1 - Meeting Mr. Uku
Episode 2 - Parts of the Ukulele
Episode 3 - The Story of the Ukulele
Episode 4 - Strings and Frets Challenge
Episode 5 - Learning the Steady Beat
Episode 6 - Applying the Steady Beat on the Ukulele
Episode 7 - Which One is the Ukulele?
Episode 8 - The C Chord Chart
Episode 9 - Fun C Chord Challenge
Episode 10 - Reviewing and Playing the C Chord
Episode 11 - Finding the C Chord Chart
Episode 12 - The F Chord
Episode 13 - Creating Your Own Song Using C and F Chord
Episode 14 - The G Chord
Episode 15 - The G Chord Challenge
Episode 16 - The Concert Day
Who this course is for:
- Children of all ages and the young at heart
- Parents and their young children
Coming from the heart...
I must admit, during the recording of the videos, talking to an unresponsive camera has been the ultimate challenge. After more than a decade of teaching kids, from international schools to group classes and one-on-ones, suddenly it felt unnatural talking to a machine.
Things got better when I imagined actually speaking directly to every child in the world, making them love the ukulele and enjoy each lesson. Now, that inspired me.
Why do this?
Over the years, I've developed a unique teaching method on how to make young children learn and practice the ukulele in a fun and creative way. The key is to make them fall in love with the instrument and enjoy each moment of the experience. And it turned out to be very effective! Children get excited to learn more and develop the habit and discipline to practice by themselves. And the happiest thing is, they become good at playing the instrument at a very young age. So, I realized that I must share this to the world and reach as many kids as possible.
This is also for the music teachers, parents, guardians who wish to have fun and creative lessons to teach ukulele.
And to the young at heart, this is definitely for you.
Have a blast!