UK Bookkeeping for Startups
What you'll learn
- The difference between UK business structures
- Basic understanding of UK tax regimes and important business dates
- Why accounting software is important for bookkeeping
- Basic accounting terminology and what that means for you and your business (in plain English)
- How to record basic transactions
- The different accounting reports and what they show for your business
- The role of bookkeepers and accountants for small businesses
- When to get extra support
- No knowledge is needed or assumed
Finances can feel so overwhelming, particularly when you're starting on your journey into the self employed world.
Finances are the key to your success yet so many people bury their heads in the sand, just outsourcing everything to an accountant at the end of the year and just hoping they've saved enough tax.
This course has been designed to help you understand your business finances, so that you can be as successful as you want to be and feel in control.
As somebody who is new to self employment, you are probably most concerned about how to be compliant, set your business up properly, record what you need to record, get paid and pay the right taxes. We'll work through all of that.
You'll also learn how to take control of your bookkeeping so you are prepared for your year end - and so you understand what needs to be done even if you do decide to outsource it. That's where the control comes in, with the knowledge.
Why finance can seem overwhelming and how to take the emotion out of it
What to consider when you’re setting up your business
How to deal with transactions in real time so you don't end up with a bag of receipts
How to set up a regular monthly bookkeeping process
How to create useful financial reports and understand them
This short course has been designed to be visited every day over the next seven days so you can take daily actions and can feel in a much better place with your finances in a week's time.
Understanding your finances and taking control is the first step in building a successful business. Let's do that together.
Who this course is for:
- UK based freelancers and side-hustlers who are starting out in business and want to ensure they are in control of their finances
- You will have started or be thinking about starting your own business
I'm an an online business mentor, entrepreneur, accountant and author and course creator.
I'm here to share what I know to help you build your business into an even more profitable gig, which works around your family.
Often we can do that with extra income streams but we’re too busy and overwhelmed to focus on the strategy let alone find time to implement.
That’s where I come in. I share what I know with short effective programmes which teach you what you need to do next, so you can add additional income streams - one project at a time - to your existing business.
I run memberships, courses and have published my own book and ebooks. I do it all around my kids, and I want to help you do the same.
Wishing you so much success for your business, Zoe