UI Animation using Sketch 3, Principle App, and Flinto
What you'll learn
- Learn the Fundamentals and Some Advanced Tricks on Sketch
- Create realistic prototypes for mobile devices and web
- Create UI animation and micro-interactions using Flinto
- Create UI animation and micro-interactions using Principle
- Create simple prototypes using Marvel App
- Basic design skills (not obligatory)
- Sketch only runs on Mac. Having the latest OS is a must
- Get Sketch 3 (30 day trial)
- Get Flinto for Mac (15 day trial)
- Get Principle (15 day trial)
UPDATE June 2017 - Nested Symbols!
- Creating a Button System with Nested Symbols
- Creating a Left Bar Navigation with Nested Symbols
UPDATE December 27 2016 - New projects!
- Creating an on-boarding parallax animation using Flinto and Sketch
- Drawing Santa on Sketch (Holiday Special)
- The most useful keyboard shortcuts on Sketch
- My Favorite practical Sketch Plugins!
UPDATE July 11th 2016 - New content!
- Added How to add Hover effects on Flinto - Mouse Over / Mouse Out. Great for web design prototypes
- Creating a Parallax UI Animation Using Flinto.
UPDATE July 5th 2016 - New content!
- Added a section covering Principle for Mac.
- 12 videos (over an hour of content)
- How to create character animations
- Parallax Effect using Principle
- Drag And Drop Interaction
- Continuous Interactions like Paging, Scrolling, Dragging.
- Many more!
UPDATE June 18th 2016 - New content!
- Added a section covering Flinto for Mac.
- 9 videos (over an hour of content)
- Connecting Layers, Complex Transitions
- User Interface Cards Flow Animation
- Adding Sound to Your Prototype (and many more)
Hola, my name is Pablo Stanley. I’ve been a designer for almost 18 years– And I have worked with different startups for quite a while. I want to teach you how to apply the tools I use every day–and I’ll give you some insight into my workflow and process as a product designer.
On this course you'll learn how to design web and mobile products using Sketch 3. We’ll also learn how to prototype full flows and micro-interactions using the most current apps in the industry like Flinto, Principle, Marvel App, and Invision’s Craft Plugin. And the coolest part about this course? We’ll learn how to create detailed UI animations and how to apply them to your projects.
This course is designed in different sections so you can jump around depending on your skill level. You’ll be able to learn how to use the tools to make your own designs from scratch. And we’ll also learn by doing, getting hands-on with more advanced projects.
So, Why Sketch?
Sketch 3 is a design tool focused on user interface and user experience design. Because of its simplicity, it’s really easy to understand; anyone with little to no training can learn Sketch. It’s perfect for designing for multiple mobile devices, working on responsive web design, delivering assets in an easy way, and makes collaboration with developers amazing. It also costs a fraction of the price of Adobe Suite (goodby monthly payment). So yeah, it's pretty cool.
Why Flinto, Principle, Marvel App and Craft by InVision
Principle makes it easy to create animated and interactive user interface designs. Great for Multi-screen app, or new interactions and animations.
Flinto lets designers quickly make interactive prototypes of their mobile, desktop, or web apps.with custom animations, gestures, and Sketch import
This simple editor in Marvel allows you to link all your designs together in seconds, then add gestures and transitions to make your prototype feel just like a real app or website.
This course covers the basics, but also goes into detail on some advanced features, tricks, and plugins that I use in my daily workflow.
We'll also work on some cool projects that we'll be able to prototype and share on our mobile devices and the web. We'll even do some UI animation and micro-interactions that will make your prototypes look pretty realistic.
Who this course is for:
- Web Designers
- Mobile App Designers
- Developers wanting to know a bit more about User Interface Design
- Product Managers trying to learn new skills.
- Graphic Designers who which to start creating web and mobile products
Hello, I'm Pablo Stanley. I'm a San Francisco based product designer. I'm the designer and cofounder of a healthcare startup in San Francisco called Carbon Health. I love solving design puzzles, making silly illustrations, composing geeky music, creating colorful animated gifs, munching veggie burgers, and writing punny comics.
Mentoring is one of my new found passions. I want to learn and teach as much as I can and Udemy is the best platform for it.
I also write a comic series called “The Design Team”.