Python for Unreal Engine Editor Tools Scripting
What you'll learn
- Create Unreal Engine tools & Helpers with Python
- Understand the Unreal Engine new Python scripting API
- Learn how to build UI tools that is Python based for Unreal Editor
- Be able to create unique tools for Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Familiar with Unreal Engine (4 or 5)
- Basic knowledge of Python syntax
- Passion to the topic!
Epic games taking huge steps into allowing python for editor scripting, while it was experimental for the UE4.x cycle, it is now a turned ON by default for UE 5.x, and it is massively growing everyday. This opens a huge door for an entire new world of possibilities, starting from automation tools, ending up with full UI tools. In this course we will be going step by step from nothing into the mastery of the Unreal Editor Python scripting in a 4 hours journey.
With python editor scripting, you are not only going to create very productive tools, but also will save your time from the slow process of plugins creation and get new opportunities in the game industry that you never though about before. Python is an important language nowadays in the game industry, and using it with Unreal Engine (4 or 5) is a win at all aspects. And that's the main target for that course!
Regardless if you're targeting Unreal 4 or Unreal 5, the knowledge in that course is 100% applicable at both of them. The course been recorded with Unreal 4, but it was fully revised again with Unreal 5 and made sure that everything covered is still valid.
Who this course is for:
- Existing Unreal Engine users who want to start using the new Unreal Python API to build editor tools & helpers
- New Unreal Engine users who want to start with the Editor tools development through Python
15+ years in game development in programming (graphics, Engine, Tools, Gameplay/AI, UI) for consoles, PC, & some mobile never harmed. Currently based on China, and working in the AAA industry. At academic level, did author multiple books, which contains 3 Unreal Engine books (Learning Unreal® Engine iOS Game Development, Unreal Engine Lighting and Rendering Essentials & Mastering Unreal Engine 4.X). Posting tutorials & articles on UE4U.XYZ & been teaching Unreal since UE3.x