How to Film your Videos: Official Udemy Course
- Instructors should take the course "Video Production Fundamentals" prior to watching this course
- We will recommend some paid materials in this course. All of the materials are optional based on your preferences.
Are you looking to learn everything you need to know to film Udemy courses that pass the Quality Review Process? Want to learn exactly what video equipment is most popular with Udemy instructors? Feeling a bit rusty with video filming terminology and tactics and want to brush up on your skills? Are you hoping to take your Udemy course from good to great?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions then this course is for you. In this official, Udemy-produced course you will learn the ins and outs of filming your course videos. You'll also have created your very own video, and gotten feedback on it from the Udemy Review Team.
We'll go over all of the topics that go into filming a video for your Udemy course:
- Finding the right equipment
- Setting up your "Studio"
- No-Shame filming hacks to save time and money
- Filming (and getting feedback!) on a test video
In addition, you'll also hear directly from a few of our expert instructors, who share their own tips and tricks for ensuring that your videos look and sound amazing.
This course is part of the "Filming" track of Udemy's Official Instructor Education Program. In each of our official courses we strive to deliver information-packed lectures that quickly give you the information you need to make your course creation process easy and your final product amazing. We include lots of examples, as well as practice activities to make sure you're practicing your new skills.
By the end of this course you'll have learned filming techniques to make your course look professional and to keep your students engaged. You'll also have created your very first video, and have gotten feedback on it. Let's get started!
- Instructors who are planning on creating a Udemy course
- Instructors who have no experience with setting up a home studio
- Instructors who have no experience with video production
- Equipment you will need
- Recommended microphones
- Recommended cameras
- Recommended lighting
- Create your shopping list
- Insights from the instructor community
- Activity: Learn from the instructor community
- Insights from Paul Jenkins - Recording with an iPad
- Insights from Alexa Fischer - A tripod for your phone
- Insights from Shani Raja - Lighting setup
- Insights from Maximilian Schwarzmüller - Screencast videos
- Insights from David Power - Good rooms for recording
- No-shame hacks for your studio
- Activity: Insights from you!
- Recording a test video
- Activity: Record your test video
- Export your videos
- Troubleshoot your videos
- You're finished!
- Bonus lecture: Teaser - Move on to our course on "Editing your Videos"
The Udemy Instructor Team has one passion: Udemy's instructors! We'll work with you to help you create an online course -- along the way, we'll also help you become an integral member of the Udemy community, a promotional whiz, a teaching star, and an all-around amazing instructor. We're excited to help you succeed on Udemy!