Ubiquiti Broadband Routing & Switching Specialist with LABS
What you'll learn
- Understand what are the different Ubiquiti courses' track that are available
- Know how to connect to the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter for the 1st time
- Understand what is the OSI model
- Understand the function of each layer in the OSI model
- Understand what is Encapsulation vs De-Encapsulation in OSI model
- Understand the different PDU names
- Understand the TCP/IP model
- Understand how CSMA/CD works
- Understand the different between Collision Domain and Broadcast Domain
- Understand what Network Address Translation is (NAT)
- Understand how DHCP Server/Client work
- Understand what is the function of the DNS server
- Configure the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X to share internet service to inside LAN devices
- Understand the function of the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Understand the difference between Unicast, Broadcast and Multicast
- Understand configure static route and static default route on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter
- Understand how OSPF work
- Configure OSPF Routing protocol on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter
- Understand the different classes of IP addresses
- Understand the different between public and private IP's
- Understand the usage of the subnet mask and how to get the prefix
- Understand the 3 different types of Firewall Chains (in, out, local)
- Understand the different types of connection states (New, Established, Related, Invalid)
- Configure Firewall rules on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter
- Understand how to convert from Decimal to Binary and from Binary to Decimal
- Understand what is VPN and its features
- Understand and calculate subnetting
- Basic computer skills knowledge
***This course is not officially sponsored by Ubiquiti Inc. and not an authorized course by Ubiquiti Inc. We are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Ubiquiti Inc. We respect the Trademarks of the mentioned company and institution.***
UBRSS or Ubiquiti Broadband Routing & Switching Specialist is a course track provided by Ubiquiti. It will cover the different topics that you can do on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter and will have a big part of it explaining and the network basic and fundamentals such as OSI model, TCP/IP, CSMA/CD, Collision Domain, Broadcast Domain, IP addressing, Subnetting and much more than that.
This course contains a lot of LABS so you require to have at least 2 Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X to be able to follow this course.
If you want to prepare for the Ubiquit UBRSS exam, you can proceed by registering to my course and I am sure with my course you will be ready for the exam.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to be ready for the Ubiquiti UBRSS exam
- Anyone who want to gain knowledge in configure Ubiquiti Routers
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, MTCSWE, MTCWEW, MTCIPv6 Huawei HCNA, CWTS, Ubiquiti UEWA, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.