Typography 101: Picking the Right Fonts for Business Success
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn about the different font classifications - and I'll share my list of favorites in each category that will get you started
- Learn the secrets that let you use typography to make your message shine
- Learn which questions to ask BEFORE you start your design or layout project
- Learn about mixing fonts (and what not to do)
- Discover great resources for paid and free fonts
- Become confident at choosing the right font for the right project for your business
- Basic knowledge of the word processing or graphic software your currently have - no special software is required
The right font is as important as the words it shows!
Why is it so important to choose the right font?
Look around you - look at the typography you see. With every word, every type you see, you form an opinion. Choosing the right fonts for your project has powerful results - the reader forms an emotional connection to what they see, both the words as well as the "word-delivery-method", the typography.
Get it right - and the reader will focus on your message... but get it wrong and the reader will be distracted, confused and unfocused.
Choosing the wrong font for when you are creating business and marketing documents will not only take attention away from your message, but it can lead to brand confusion and diminished trust in your business. Are you willing to take that risk?
... a financial statement printed in a fancy and playful script font - no matter how good the numbers are, would you take the business seriously?
... an alarm company advertising in a kids-like font - would you trust them to keep your home or office safe?
"Font Fails" are all too common
I have been in the graphic and printing industry for over 20 years and I have seen my fair share of bad font choices. But I have also learned that poor font choices are rarely done on purpose. A typical reaction when I comment on a "font fail" and take a moment to suggest a better typography choice, is "that looks so much better - thank you". When you know the basic rules of typography, making the right choices is easy.... and that's what I will teach you in this course.
When you buy this course you will get:
- unlimited, lifetime access to all lectures
- access to all upcoming bonus lectures and additional content
- an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee, making this a risk-free purchase for you
- access to me if you have any questions (or help with fixing any font-fails) - I am always here to help!
- Small Business Owners
- Office Administrators
- Marketing Professionals
- Sales People
- Anyone who needs to create and format business documents and marketing & print materials