Typography Fundamentals - Feel confident with type!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop the capacity to individuate different styles and influences in typefaces
- Feel confident when choosing and combining typography
- Avoid common mistakes
- Make an effective use of typography
- No software or software knowledge is required.
Typography is present in every graphic design project, whether it be print or digital, motion or brand identity. This course explains how to use type properly in order to obtain professional results. The course directly addresses development of the skills a graphic designer must master for real world projects.
The use of video, voiceover, images and motion help to create a smooth and efficient learning experience with lasting results.
The course It’s structured in the following way:
Develop a basic knowledge of the shape, proportions, and historical heritage of the letterforms that permit the graphic designer to classify typefaces into categories.
Once basic knowledge is required and common language is established, a method that can be applied to any graphic design project is presented. This method will enable the student to choose the right typefaces for each project with confidence.
3. Obtaining Visible Professional Results:
There are many specific elements of typography that a professional graphic designer must master in order to deliver the desired result in a clean and effective manner.
The following concepts are explained:
· Kerning, tracking, leading, alignment and spacing
· A collection of Dos and Don’ts as well as Quick Tips that will come in handy in every project is presented
The use of quizzes at the end of each lesson will allow the student to gauge their understanding of the most important concepts.
5. Keep learning!
Recommended books and online resources are presented for the purpose of ongoing learning as well as staying updated about current typography trends.
As stated above, this course is less about the history of typography and is father strictly relevant for people who want to develop skills and learn the tools needed for typography now.
- This course is perfect for graphic designers that are already working, that need the knowledge now, and may be they don’t have enough time to read or follow long courses. Non graphic designers are NOT excluded for we start from the beginning and really anybody interested in typography may follow this course.
Introduction to the different elements of the letterform. This knowledge will be useful when having to decide what typeface to use according to the function or the style required.
Whenever a graphic designer starts a new project, one of the first questions that arises is, “What typeface should I use?” In this lesson I’ll provide you with a method that will enable you to choose the right type with confidence
In this section I’ll present a series of quick recommendations and tips that I’ve learned during my experience as a graphic designer.
In the previous lessons of this course, many famous and well-known typefaces and designers were mentioned. In this section I’ll just mention a few more designers and their outstanding typefaces that have already become contemporary classics, and that I can guarantee will still be around for long time, if not forever.