Typescript with React classes - quick start - Jest testing
What you'll learn
- Integrate Typescript with React apps
- React props and state using Typescript interfaces
- Build a small app with Typescript
- React Router and history
- React conditional rendering
- Handling parent and child components with Typescript
- Test React with Jest and React testing library
- Jest hooks, mocks and test suites
- Use interface, user interaction and async code testing
- Basic Typescript understanding
- Basic NodeJS and npm
- Basic usage of VSCode and the terminal
- Nice to have: basic React and Jest understanding
THIS COURSE USES REACT CLASSES WITH PROPS AND STATE.
Typescript is becoming more and more popular! And the beloved React framework has embraced it! But often making them work together can be tricky. Here it will work from the first try.
React means act in response to something; respond in a particular way. This is the way you will make your UI behave.
In this short course you will learn how you can use them together, by building a small project:
Learn how to use Typescript interfaces and React properties and state
Learn how to configure React components as parent or child
Learn to pass data between components
Understand the React rendering process
Use Typescript classes and inheritance to make the React code more robust
Learn how to render React tables with async data.
Learn how to handle events and build your own event types with Typescript
Learn about React conditional rendering
In the second part of the course you will learn how to test your app with Jest:
Jest testing setup
Learn about jest coverage
Test with React testing library
Advanced jest testing techniques
Initial setup with Create React app
Extensive presentation on how to use components
Build app features like React forms, navbar, Router, history
Practice with the following tools:
NPM and NPM commands
Visual Studio Code
Short and concise: your time is precious
Knowledgeable and programming active instructor
Big font, dark background
GitHub code diffs
At the end of the course you will be ready to use these two awesome technologies together and test them with Jest!
Are you ready to use Typescript alongside React? Get your Typescript editor ready and start coding your next app with your favorite language and framework!
Who this course is for:
- Students who like Typescript and React and want to use them together
- Students who want to learn Jest testing
Hi! I'm Alex and I am pleased to meet you!
I have a master's degree in Internet Technologies and I'm an enthusiast web and cloud developer. In the last years I worked designing and implementing user interfaces and cloud solutions for various clients from the automotive industry.
I firmly believe that knowing is never enough. Knowledge must be put to practice, that is why I want to focus my teaching on concrete, real world programs.