Typescript with modern React (i.e. hooks, context, suspense)
What you'll learn
- How to use Typescript with their modern React project
- Understand how to set up typescript with create-react-app as well as babel and webpack
- Feel comfortable using hooks for state and lifecycle
- Be comfortable using the terminal or command prompt
In this course you will learn how to add typescript to a create-react-app project as well as adding it to a react project from scratch with webpack and babel. You will learn a bit about react hooks, (useState, useContext, useReducer and useEffect), in a react typescript project as well as using suspense to lazy load a component. We will also attempt to recreate redux, (or the redux principles) with useReducer and Context.
This course is at an intermediate/advance level and assumes you have used React and Redux before, however you don't need to know any typescript for this.
Who this course is for:
- Front end developers who want to level up their knowledge of React and Typescript
- Developers who want to know a bit more about using hooks
I love learning new things, but what I love more than learning is teaching people the things I've learnt. Seeing their faces when they get it like a lightbulb goes on in their head.
Currently, I'm creating videos and writing articles about the popular Facebook library (or framework) React, and how that can be used with Typescript, however, my desire is to move on to other programming languages, especially those that focus on game development.