Typescript Async/Await in Node JS with testing
What you'll learn
- setup nodejs with typescript
- use typescript async await features to do async programing
- reduce callback hell
- understand how async await uses promises
- write simple integration test with mocha
- students need to have Node.js installed and know a little about Node.js
This course would teach you how to have a good mental model doing async programing in node.js leveraging typescript async await EcmaScript 7 (ES7) feauture.
you would also learn the build blocks of async/await which is Promise
Unit testing with mocha would be setup.
This course would teach you how to test rest api. with postman and later automate it with mocha unit test using supertest and an assetion library such as Should.js
Mongoose and mongodb would used and also setup interface for mongoose models in Typescript
getting acquinted with typescript
This course is structured in a way that it can get you up to speed with applying Typescript to Node.js.
you would also learn some Express.js basics and middlewares
you should take this course if you have started learning node.js or want to bring type safety to your Node.js app with Typescript or you want to learn how to use the beautiful async/await syntax to write more maintable code. this course also makes use of mongoose mongodb. so you would also learn how to use mongoose with typescript
Who this course is for:
- this course is meant for people who have started learning Nodejs or Typescript or want to improve there async programming skills in Nodejs