Two Dimensional Kinematics-Projectile Motion
What you'll learn
- you will learn the main idea that perpendicular directions are completely independent
- you will learn how to apply kinematics separately in x, y and z directions
- you will learn how to calculate maximum height, range and time of flight
- you will learn how to do problems involving projectile on incline
- Calculus, Vectors, One Dimensional Kinematics
Here we will be dealing with an object thrown at an angle to horizontal. This course will help you to analyze the problem of finding the time of flight, maximum height, range, equation of trajectory and many other related kinematical quantities. Multiple methods have been given to calculate some of the quantities. This is followed by a discussion on horizontal projectile (thrown from the top of a wall) and the calculation of time of flight and range in those cases. The main concept of considering the projectile as two separate one dimensional motions, one along x axis and the other along y axis has been used throughout in all the lectures. Also projectile on inclined plane , how to choose appropriate coordinate system in such cases and how to solve the range on incline and time of flight in such cases are thoroughly discussed. Some problems have been discussed with solutions having three to four methods in some cases.
A unique innovative approach of taking one situation and trying to solve many bits pertaining to that situation has been used in these lectures as this gives complete clarity on how to solve all kinds of problems in this topic. I tried to cover different ideas and problems on distance travelled, displacement, average speed and average velocity in projectile motion.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those above 18 years interested in physics
- It is for parents of those who are under 18 and want to help their children understand projectile motion and two and three dimensional motion
I have done my B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and after passing out worked for 5 years in software industry before becoming a teacher. I teach physics for students preparing for IITJEE rated as one of the toughest entrance exam for Engineering aspirants in the world. My experience in teaching is for more than 10 years and I taught to a wide range of students throughout India. I exactly know where students face problems and my lectures and courses try to clear the confusion pertaining to the course or topic