Twitter absolute basics
- Open a Twitter account at Twitter.com
- Optionally, download the Twitter app onto a mobile device
This course is for people who are entirely new to Twitter, or who are struggling to understand it. It describes the absolute basics, such as how to navigate around Twitter on a laptop or desktop computer, or a when using the Twitter app on a smartphone or tablet.
The course is mainly demonstrations and explanations of how to use Twitter.
At just over an hour in total, this course is quick, easy introduction to the world of Twitter and tweeting.
- This course is designed for people with little or no experience of Twitter
- The course teaches how to navigate Twitter, send tweets and follow other Twitter users.
- How to navigate Twitter.com07:30
- Navigating the Twitter App05:20
- The Twitter home tab and timeline07:34
- Understanding the Twitter notifications page06:13
- Using Twitter privately with Direct Messages03:06
- Understanding and updating your Twitter profile09:38
- The basics of writing a tweet06:23
- Retweets and replies04:00
I get excited about great communication because I see how it helps people in their personal and business lives. My career started out in accounting, when I helped explain what the numbers meant to busy managers. For a decade I helped businesses, large and small, understand how to use complex financial software.
Today I work for myself, helping all kinds of organisations communicate more effectively, particularly online and through social media.
I'm based in Dorset, on the south coast of England.