Ready, Set, Record: Creating Video Content for the Classroom
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- A total of 6 quizzes to reinforce learning at the end of each section
- Equipment recommendations for creating professional videos
- Strategies and recommendations to decrease the amount of time you spend editing
- Best practices to help you plan, organize, and record your video
- Tools to improve the sound quality of your videos
- Access to collaborate with other content creators and receive valuable feedback on your videos
- Students will need Screenflow 4 for Mac and a Wacom Bamboo Tablet with Sketchbook Express to complete this course. These resources are discussed further in Lecture 2 so you may wait to purchase them until that time.
Are you an educator looking to create additional resources for your students? Do you want to create original video content, but you're just not sure where to start? Perhaps you want to create supplement materials to augment a live class? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions then this course is for you. I've produced original content for several years under the Alanis Business Academy brand. From experience I can tell you just how time-consuming and frustrating creating original video content can be. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by learning the process that I use to produce original videos and begin your journey as a content creator.
What is the course about?
Ready, Set, Record: Creating Video Content for the Classroom is a step-by-step comprehensive guide to tackling the process of creating original video content. Producing original video content can be an overwhelming and time-consuming process, but it doesn't have to be. This course will give you the skills to produce your own professional videos without the headache of learning by trial-and-error.
What kind of materials are included?
This course includes 8 easy-to-follow lessons spanning over 120 minutes of instruction as well as a 59-page e-book that provides simple step-by-step instructions to performing many of the common functions using Screenflow. To test your knowledge you'll also have the opportunity to attempt six different quizzes covering a variety of content presented in this course.
How long will the course take to complete?
Although this course can be consumed in one sitting, it's recommended that you following along with the video creation process by crafting your own video. Doing so will help you get the full value out of the course. Although this will slow the speed at which you progress through the course, you'll be much more competent by the end. Following this recommendation will allow you to complete this course and produce your first video in 7 - 10 days.
Why take this course?
You should enroll in this course if you wan to improve the instruction of your physical, online, or hybrid course using original video content. Save yourself time and money by following my exact process for producing short and engaging videos.
- This course is meant for educators who are looking to enhance their physical, online, or hybrid courses with original video content. No prior knowledge or experience using screen capture and editing software is required. This course is not for those with experience in video editing and production.
Learn what to expect from this course as well as how it is structured in this brief video. Below you'll find several resources to assist you in this course.
- Course Instructional Guide - This will serve as the textbook for this course and a companion to video lectures.
- Sample Video - This brief sample video will provide a better understanding of what we're striving to produce in this course.
Producing engaging videos starts with great content. But great content alone will not keep viewers engaged if the video quality is poor. So in this lecture, we'll discuss some of the different types of equipment that you can use to put your videos in the top 5% in terms of audio and video quality.
Before we get into recording our video we need to spend some time planning. The planning process is absolutely critical, and helps to lessen the amount of time spent re-recording video content.
In this lecture you'll learn about:
- the importance of outlining your video prior to recording
- the benefits of scripting your video in advance
Now that we've established a structure for our future video, our next step is to record the audio portion of our project. In this lecture you'll learn:
- how isolating the audio recording improves the quality of your video
- how to adjust your audio capture settings
- how to start an audio recording using Screenflow 4
- tips and recommendations to ensure quick and effective recording of your audio
Learn the basic editing features in Screenflow that we'll use to transform our raw recording into a finished video project. In this lecture you'll learn how to:
- navigate the Screenflow editing window
- split a media clip in the editing window
- remove sections of various media clips
In our last lecture you learned how to complete basic editing functions. In this lecture we'll put those new skills to work by actually editing an audio file. In this lecture you'll learn how to:
- apply basic editing functions to produce a single media file
- efficiently edit media files using
Audio quality is absolutely critical to retaining the engagement of your audience. To optimize our audio, we use Aupohonic to quickly and easily take our audio quality from good to great! In this lecture you'll learn how to:
- export your file as an .mp3
- upload your audio file to Auphonic's server
- modify settings in Auphonic to get the quality audio that is going to impress your viewers
With a completely edited and enhanced audio file, we'll now direct our attention to our visuals. But before we get into the editing process we need to prepare are canvas for editing. In this lecture you'll learn:
- my strategy for producing short and information packed videos
- how to modify the dimensions of your video
Now that we've prepared our video for editing we can begin the editing process. In addition to completing basic editing functions, you'll learn how to:
- speed up video clips to match audio segments
- slow down video clips to match audio segments