The Survival Doctor's Emergencies Training Course
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 30 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Recognize and treat some of the life-threatening problems you’re most likely to face.
- Understand what to do immediately and what to do next if no help is on the way.
- Go beyond basic first aid and gain confidence in essential emergency-medicine skills.
- Learn through professional reenactments and easy-to-follow demonstrations.
- When you're in a pinch, make some of your own medical supplies—that actually work.
- No experience required.
This emergency-medicine course combines the best of first-aid, wilderness, and survival courses, plus old-fashioned experience and know-how.
Through compelling and easy-to-understand lessons, you'll learn what I believe are the most
important things you need to know to save a life. Plus, unlike most
first-aid courses, this course specifically addresses survival situations—times when professional help is not immediately available, such as during natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and wilderness treks.
You’ll learn how to recognize and treat some of the life-threatening problems you’re most likely to face—what to do immediately and what to do next if no help is on the way.
The Survival Doctor's Emergencies Training Course is perfect for people who want in-depth, easy-to-follow lessons that cover basic first aid and much more. You’ll come away feeling confident in your essential emergency-medicine skills.
What You'll Get
The course includes the following components, designed to make the information interesting and easy to learn:
- 9 easy-to-follow training videos on topics that include: bleeding (tourniquets), back injury (preventing paralysis), unconsciousness (finding life-threatening problems), CPR, choking, chest wounds, and DIY equipment tricks
- Downloadable quizzes and transcripts
- Cheat sheets that you can print out and store in your first-aid kits
- Downloadable audio versions that you can use for review
In this day and age, we’ve been lulled into a sense of information security: Don’t know something? Just look it up on the internet.
But in an emergency, there’s no time to start learning first aid. Besides, during a natural disaster, terrorist attack, or wilderness trip, you may have no internet. Your books might not be with you. No phone service. No clear roads for emergency responders to reach you. If you already know what to do, you could be the only reason someone survives.
I want to teach you how to be that person.
Take the leap today. Imagine how you’ll feel a month from now, a year from now, five years from now, knowing that you could save the life of someone you love.
“Doc, I can’t thank you enough for these videos.” —Aristides R.
“What a wonderful resource!” —The Homestead Survival
“Just watched the first module. It’s excellent. I’m so glad I invested the money!" —Christine U.
“I was an RN and a certified first-aid CPR trainer. … This is MUST for everyone to learn from. The course will teach you things you will not learn in the standard courses that I always wished class members could be taught. (Yes, I learned stuff I did not know.) … I wish I had this [course] 40 years ago.” —Malika Bourne, No Non-cents Nanna
"As a mom, one of my fears is what would happen if one of my kids were hurt and needed medical attention, and there was no one around to help. … And now, after taking Dr. Hubbard’s class, I have the confidence of knowing that, in the case of an emergency, I can confidently assess and perform many basic first aid techniques to help keep my children alive. ... For the price of a First Aid Class, you’ll receive so much more training than just CPR and how to put an ice pack on a bruise." —Jane Baldwin, Mom With a Prep
- Anyone who wants to become more self-empowered
- Wilderness trekkers (hunters, campers, hikers)
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- People who live in rural areas
- People who live in areas with the potential for societal upheaval
Welcome to The Survival Doctor’s Emergencies Training Course! And congratulations on taking a big step toward increasing your medical knowledge.
In this self-paced course, you’ll learn how to save a life in a variety of situations. In some videos, I’ll put you in the scene, making the situation as real as possible. In others, you’ll learn proper techniques alongside a couple of other nonmedical people.
I’ll share insider information that I've learned during my career as a doctor, including common mistakes anyone can make in the heat of a medical emergency, and how to avoid them.
Here’s how it will work:
To help you pace yourself through everything, I’ve organized all the materials in the course into four core modules (sections 2–5). Each includes video lessons and quick-reference guides to help you right away.
Enjoy the program!
—James Hubbard, MD, MPH, aka The Survival Doctor