Want to be a Public Speaker? Everything you need to know
What you'll learn
- Understand the ins and outs of being a public speaker
- Choose a topic that they will want to speak on
- Deal with anxiety and nervousness about speaking
- Understand basic speaking gear they might need
- Engage their audience after a presentation
- Engage your online audience
- Have good systems for set up and take down
- Consider if they should become a not-for-profit
- This will be a lot of material to digest. My suggestions is to do a few courses and then take a day to process and think about the material covered before moving on.
- I would encourage you to take notes throughout the course..
When I began speaking 19 years ago I did not have anyone to mentor me or help me. I struggled and had to learn many things the hard way. This course is simply everything I have learned in my 19 years as a Public Speaker. Think of it like 3 hours of personal coaching where I will download to you all that I have learned.
The course is all done in small video clips to keep you engaged. There are presently 77 sessions that run from around a minute to just around 10 minutes.
If you are one of the people who say to me "I want to speak but I don't know where to start." This is a good place to start. I hope you will join me for Truth Tellers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is willing to learn more about the art of public speaking
- Someone who is interested in speaking
- Someone whoalready speaks but is interested in becoming a better speaker
- Someone who is looking at taking their speaking career from a part time to a full time job
Brett Ullman travels around North America speaking to teens, young adults, parents, and leaders on topics that include sexuality, pornography, mental health, men, dating, parenting, and media. Brett’s talks engage and challenge attendees to connect our ancient faith with our modern world. Participants are inspired to reflect on what they know, what they believe, and how our Christian faith can help us when used as the lens through which we view and engage in tough conversations.
Brett is married to Dawn, and they live in Ajax, Ontario, Canada with their two kids, Zoe and Ben. Brett leads and directs the charity, Worlds Apart. Brett was a teacher with the Toronto District School Board for 10 years before moving into speaking full-time back in 2005. Brett has a Master’s degree in Evangelism and Leadership from Wheaton Grad School in Chicago and is also a graduate of the Arrow Leadership Program.