Truck Driving - An Introduction to Professional Trucking
What you'll learn
- What a career as a professional truck driver actually entails, minimum qualifications necessary to get started, necessary skills and abilities, common mistakes and how to avoid them, common myths and misconceptions vs reality, professionalism and what it means, how to ask the right questions to the right people and filter the results realistically
- The main objective of this course is to give the student enough information to help decide whether or not a career in trucking is something they wish to continue researching or whether to stop considering becoming a truck driver and to pursue other opportunities instead. Too many people spend thousands of dollars and months of time only to eventually figure out that trucking was the wrong choice for them from day one. Unfortunately they did not have the information in this course and had to find out the hard, expensive and painful way.
- Make an Informed decision on whether to continue researching trucking as a career - or decide that its's not right for you at this time in your life.
- If you are taking the course for other interests you will have a better idea of what entry level truck drivers face and must deal with when getting started in the trucking industry.
- There are no prerequisites for this course - However there are many mandatory qualifications to become a professional truck driver in interstate commerce. You need to be over 21, have an acceptable driving record, and be able to pass both a medical exam for a DOT physical and a DOT pre employment drug test for starters and meet many other regulatory requirements as well as insurance company requirements and finally trucking company internal criteria as well - However ANYONE can take this course.
- This is a basic overview course designed for people looking to better understand the realities of entry level truck driving.
Every year thousands of hopeful people enter the trucking industry excited to start their new careers as truck drivers. Every years thousands of broken disillusioned and angry people also leave the industry within their first few months.
Some barely make it even a few weeks!
This course is designed to give you a good idea of what to expect as a new entry level truck driver.
It is a no nonsense serious look at why so many people repeatedly fail in trucking so quickly - why this happens again and again - and more importantly what you can do to make sure it doesn't happen to YOU!
The hard cold truth is that very few of the people just starting out in trucking have anywhere near enough accurate, realistic and pertinent information to understand what it really is that they are about to get themselves into.
Neither do most family members or others who will also be affected in many different ways too by their loved one choosing a career in trucking. Everyone that is going to be affected needs to have an accurate expectation of what is coming and be prepared to deal with it properly as it happens.
This course is designed to help you do just that.
If you complete this course you will have a very good understanding of what a career in trucking is and what it is not. That way whatever you decide - you will be making an informed decision with eyes wide open.
If you complete this course you will be better prepared to begin a career as a professional truck driver if you decide that is the right path for you.
You will know how to continue your research and where to get the rest of the information you need to make important decisions that will help you begin to build a successful career in trucking and a better life for yourself and those you care most about.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in the possibility of becoming a professional truck driver or working with truck drivers in other positions within or outside of the transportation industry.
- For Example: If you are thinking about going to truck driving school, are interested in owning a trucking related business and want a better understanding of what truck drivers deal with in their careers so you can better provide your products and services to them, say for example as a freight broker, or a truck accessory dealer (Chrome Shop etc.)
Hello, and thanks for checking out my profile page.
My name is L.D. Sewell and I focus much of what I do on providing specialized information, training, and support to help people start their own businesses, do better in their work and careers and build better lives.
To do that I teach online courses here on Udemy and other platforms, and provide coaching, consulting and mentoring to members of my network and communities I am involved with.
Learn how to start an online business.
Learn how to start an offline business.
You can learn how you can improve your life in every area.
Become more productive, produce more income, continuously improve your knowledge and skills, perform at a higher level and become more confident as you set and achieve goal after goal systematically by following proven methods and tactics that get results.
Entrepreneurship, business management, leadership, specialized tactics, and systems have been a major interest and focus of mine my entire adult life and remain so to this day. I have been a lifelong student of personal development and productivity improvement systems, which I have utilized in every position I have ever held. Over the years I have held a variety of positions in several businesses and as an entrepreneur, I have started, owned, and operated several companies of my own along the way too.
Today I work for my own company Transport Resource Solutions LLC - which is and always will be a specialized information and training company at its core.
Of course, we keep growing and evolving and also operate as a motor carrier and we produce and market other products - our foundation is training and specialized information, both internally as we grow and externally available through our courses and publications to anyone anywhere who wants my help and our help.
Every experience has taught me numerous lessons. Many of these lessons have been not only highly beneficial but also enjoyable - others were learned the hard and painful way, and while they certainly weren't any fun they were still very valuable learning experiences.
I have owned or co-owned a number of micro and small businesses including wood crafting, medical claims processing, commercial cleaning, transportation consulting, independent recruiting, real estate investing, and soap and candle making companies.
I can help you start a business of your own.
Courses are available for Online Business startup and Offline (traditional) Business startup too.
You can also learn all about trucking - if you are interested in becoming a driver or in achieving Trucking Business Success by owning your own trucking business.
Many years ago I started my own career in trucking - just as you may be considering doing now - and if you have never considered trucking take the time to look into what it offers before you just write it off. It might surprise you.
When I started my own career I set out with the intention of making trucking my primary profession and I wanted to learn everything I possibly could about the business of trucking.
What an interesting journey it has been over the last couple of decades and continues to be even now. Over the course of my years in trucking I have held many different positions including;
Professional Truck Driver
Third Party CDL Skills Examiner
Human Resource Director
Independent Owner Operator
These experiences have helped me in countless ways to pursue many other entrepreneurial opportunities. As a result of all these experiences and from working with all kinds of people including real estate agents, investors, entrepreneurs, and with hundreds of truck drivers over many years, I am able to provide you with a unique, complete and multidimensional personal account of exactly what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur - and for those interested - exactly what it takes to become a professional truck driver, owner operator, and trucking business owner.
While trucking is a fascinating business that offers many opportunities to you - it will demand much from you in return - and It is NOT the right business for everyone.
There is something that is a right fit for you. Finding the right work or business for you is the key.
There are plenty of choices available to you - including one of the most affordable and easiest businesses to start - an Online Business as an Affiliate Marketer.
You just need to gather information and then decide which business you want to start now.
Once you know what that is you can then start focusing your efforts on learning the skills and specialized information needed to shorten your learning curve, produce better results faster and that will help you achieve your own goals.
Life is far too precious and too short to waste working in businesses, careers and at jobs you don't like - so find something you do like - that is also profitable - then learn how to get started and then just do it!
Today every lesson I have ever learned from all my personal experiences and studies, including those I continue to learn, I now teach in my courses and workshops as well as through my books, manuals, and other publications.
Life is all about choices and you do have choices.
That is my passion in life - working with and helping people who want to get ahead in life instead of just getting by to find their own courses in life, and to help those willing to do the work to make it happen.
I look forward to getting to know you and to sharing information with you to help you do better too.
Now, how can I help you...
Choose Your Own Course, Build A Better Life...