Why resistance bands are great
Dr Fleur is a Chiropractor, personal trainer and Pilates trainer who discovered the many benefits of resistance bands while working in Hong Kong. After suffering from back pain for several months she realized that normal weight training and gyms were not suitable for her anymore as she felt too much pain after each session, which was not normal. So she decided to design a resistance band course that was safe and effective for people that were finding free weights too challenging and ineffective. After using bands for several months she found a significant increase in strength, muscle tone and less back pain.
Her first resistance band course (Resistance Band Super Strength Series Sydney) was filmed in Australia (her home town) and after the success of that series she decided to design a longer course in a more beautiful location with different and more unique exercises.
Be transported to the beautiful Blue Hole in Santo Island- Vanuatu, while you gently exercise your whole body, using bands and Pilates.
Dr Fleur was lucky enough to visit Vanuatu just before lock-down in Sydney where she filmed her new resistance band Pilates course.
Each exercise is slightly different but still easy to follow and you will methodically exercise your entire body.
Some of the benefits of resistance band training Pilates include:
· Increased strength- using resistance bands allows more muscle fibres to be recruited increasing your muscle power and force.
· Variable Intensity- you can adjust the tension or strength of the band to increase or decrease the intensity of the workout
· Safe workout- using bands creates a very controlled and safe movement when compared to using dumbbells and weights
· Better ageing- improving your strength will reduce stress on your joints slowing down the rate of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis occurring to your body
· Look better- strength training can tone the body and improve posture
· Feel better- all type of training releases endorphins making you feel happier!
Below is your recommended 21-day schedule. Try and follow the videos consecutively if possible, as they are designed to work different parts of the body in a specific order. It is not compulsory to complete this course in 21 days. You can do it at your own pace.
The most important thing is that you enjoy this course. So, don't rush it. You can play your own music if you prefer and exercise at a time that suits you during the day.
Monday- Leg Strength 1
Wednesday- Upper Body Strength 1
Friday- Core/Abdominal Strength 1
Saturday- Back Stretches
Monday- Leg Strength 2
Wednesday- Core/Abdominal Strength 2
Friday- Upper Body Strength 2
Saturday- Standing Whole Body Stretches
Tuesday- Whole Body Workout 1
Thursday- Whole Body Workout 2
Saturday- Whole Body Stretching Session
This series works your whole body which is much better than doing a few random classes online on YouTube that are not appropriate for you and often too hard. The structure of this series will allow you to get better long-term results, safely and more effectively.
Enrol now and we will see you soon!
Scroll down for instructor profile and course reviews.