Trigonometry 2 with The Math Sorcerer
What you'll learn
- How to Verify Trigonometric Identities
- How to Use the Reciprocal Identities
- How to Use the Quotient Identities
- How to Use the Pythagorean Identities
- How to Use the Negative Number Identities
- How to Use the Sum and Difference Identities
- How to Use the Product to Sum Identities
- How to Use the Sum to Product Identities
- How to Use the Half Number Identities
- The Definitions of the Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- How to Compute Values of the Inverse Trig Functions
- How to Solve Various Problems Involving Inverse Trig Functions
- How to Solve Various Trigonometric Equations
- How to Use the Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
- The Definition of a Vector
- How to Find the Magnitude of a Vector
- How to Find the Dot Product of Two Vectors
- How to Find the Angle Between Vectors
- How to Write a Complex Number in Trigonometric/Polar Form
- How to Use De Moivre's Theorem
- How to Raise a Complex Number to a Power
- How to Multiply Complex Numbers in Polar Form
- How to Divide Complex Numbers in Polar Form
- How to Find the Roots of a Complex Number
- What Polar Coordinates Actually Are
- How to Plot Polar Coodinates
- How to Convert from Polar to Rectangular
- How to Convert from Rectangular to Polar
- Some basic trigonometry is required.
This is a course on Trigonometry. This course covers roughly the second half of what is typically taught in a college level course on Trigonometry, hence the name, Trigonometry 2. It includes tons of videos, as well as several assignments with solutions. Most of the solutions are actually video solutions which is very helpful. This course does assume you have some familiarity with the basic trigonometric functions.
The two most challenging topics in the second half of trigonometry are learning how to use trigonmetric identities and how to solve trigonometric equations. This course places extra emphasis on these topics throughout.
Here are some of the things you get with this course.
Over 100 fully solved trigonometry problems. Heavy emphasis is placed on trigonometric identities and equations as these are typically the most challenging parts of the course.
This course includes a formula sheet that contains all of the common trigometric identities. For convenience I have also included several smaller formula sheets that can be found in various sections throughout the course.
Several assignments with solutions. Most of the assignments include full video solutions which is extremely helpful, especially for the problems where you are asked to verify a given identity.
This is a great course for anyone who wants to learn trigonometry and already has some knowledge of trigonometry. If you are taking a course already this course would work as an excellent supplement.
I hope you enjoy this course as much as I have enjoyed creating it.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn trigonometry.
I was born on a small unnamed Island in the Pacific Ocean inhabited mostly by natives who practiced mathematics on a daily basis.
My mother was a witch who specialized in Calculus and my father was a warlock who was well versed in the dark arts of Algebra.
As I grew older so did my thirst for knowledge, and so I set out on a long voyage to improve my mathematical skills. I traveled the world for years and learned a great deal of mathematics, but it wasn't until I met that raging Hobbit that my true powers started to show.
I am here today to share my magical powers with you.
Come join on me on this journey as we explore the world of mathematics together.