Treating Intrusive Thoughts and Inner Critical Voices
What you'll learn
- Learn about the regions of the brain implicated in intrusive thoughts and inner critical voices
- Using brain science, understand the neurophysiology of anxiety; why you feel the way you feel and how to feel more positive and in control of your mind
- Understand how to dislodge the old anxiety wiring in the brain and rewire the brain for calm and confidence
- Understand the eight major types of inner critics that sustain anxiety disorders, sabotaging the overall results of therapy
- Understand how to retrain and recaliberate the fear and anxiety centre in the brain for a greater level of calm
- Learn effective steps to shrink the inner critics
- Understand how to free traumatic fozen energy of toxic shame, fear and guilt that perpetuates the inner critic attacks
- How to avoid the typical mistakes made in treating anxiety-related disorders
- How to help clients with past traumas without triggering overwhelming negative emotions which often result in major relapses
- How to manage major relapses
- No course requirements or prerequisites
We are delighted to invite you to our online course on Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice. Everyone interested in the subject is welcome on the course.
Your learning outcomes for this training:
Using brain science, understand the neurophysiology of anxiety; why you feel the way you feel and how to feel more positive and in control of your mind
Learn about the regions of the brain implicated in intrusive thoughts and inner critical voices
Understand how to dislodge the old anxiety wiring in the brain and rewire the brain for calm and confidence
Understand the eight major types of inner critics that sustain anxiety disorders, sabotaging the overall results of therapy.
Understand how to retrain and recaliberate the fear and anxiety centre in the brain for a greater level of calm
Learn effective steps to shrink the inner critics
Understand how to free traumatic fozen energy of toxic shame, fear and guilt that perpetuates the inner critic attacks
• How to avoid the typical mistakes made in treating anxiety-related disorders.
• How to help clients with past traumas without triggering overwhelming negative emotions which often result in major relapses.
• How to manage major relapses.
What Attendees Are Saying
"I have never used an online facility to be part of a training course before and was very hesitant about it working efficiently. I decided to sign up for the 'Treating intrusive thoughts and the critical inner voice' a few months ago because I wanted to personally get insight into why I think and behave in certain ways and this presentation explained a lot. Additionally, I am in my last few months of the ABC Level 4 Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy and felt the information gained from this presentation would enable me to have a deeper understanding of some of my clients, whilst enabling me to share strategies with them and my work colleagues. After this positive experience of using webinar I would definitely recommend this type of online training. Although I was in my home I felt part of the group whom were also participating." Marie Claire T. Trainee Therapist
"Fascinating, simple model that everyone should know." H. Andrejewski, Inclusive Support Specialist
“Great delivery, down to earth, answering questions well, easy to understand and apply.” Anne F., Hypnotherapist
“It was a brilliant workshop. Lots of information to think about. Very helpful. Hayley W., Sufferer
"Great workshop. Leaving feeling revitalised with some useful tools to think about." -- Ellen M., Company Director
"I would highly recommend this seminar to other counsellors and I feel that I have grown myself by taking part today and will be able to integrate into my practice. I am a person-centered integrative counsellor working under the banner of a local church. (I believe that this particular theory/teaching is also very much in keeping with my own personal Christian faith.)" Karen B., Counsellor
"Really enjoyed the course, relevant contents and was delivered well. Thank you." Mary R., Counsellor
"Thank you for a very enjoyable afternoon on introducing me to a new technique which is easily applicable and effective." --Marie W-R., Mental Health Worker & Counsellor
"Very helpful to find out tools and examples and to discuss with the group around the table, and Wale Oladipo created a very calm and relaxing easy atmosphere - presented very well." -- J. Welton --Handy Man, Property Developer, Artist, Father
"The course was enjoyable and helpful for personal application, emotional self-improvement and good mental health habits. Overall a helpful and positive course." Anonymous, Senior Psychiatric Nurse.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals with anxiety and intrusive thoughts and mental health professionals
Wale Oladipo is the lead trainer, psychotherapist and director of MindBody Breakthrough Ltd, a mental health organisation that specialises in public mental health and professional development. Specialising in anxiety-related disorders, Wale has a proven track record in delivering cutting edge recovery models and solutions that are effective and easy to apply.
Wale has trained and worked with educational institutions, local councils, NGOs and training providers. His recovery models such as the FEAR model, STRESS model and WORRY model are now being used in more than thirty different countries around the world by professionals, organisations and sufferers.
Wale is the author and creator of various well-being and success materials, courses and online recovery programmes which include: Overcoming Chronic Stress and Stress-Induced Pains MindBody Breakthrough Programme; Overcoming Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice Online Recovery Programme; Overcoming GAD and Panic Disorder Online Course; The Millionaire Within; Four Master Keys for Happiness and Success for TEENS; The Worry Instinct; Healing Trauma; Healing Complex PTSD.
Wale is a psychology writer and professional member of the National Counselling Society and The European Mentoring and Coaching Council.