AUTISM: Cultivating Healthy Relationships Through Play
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Improve your relationship with your child or loved one with special needs
- Let go of the frustration that comes from how to get your child to do what you want them to do
- Understand the foundation to creating a deeper connection with your child through play
- Discover what your special child is missing if they aren't exposed to neurotypical peers and how to provide what they need
- Learn how to implement the Five Developmental Stages of Play when appropriate
- Strengthen your child's ability to experience theory of mind
- Bring more play into your life and the life of your child
- Openness to looking at a fresh perspective
- Willingness to jump in and have some fun
- No experience or prerequisites are required
Parents are tired and overwhelmed, especially parents with children who have special needs, such as autism.
In this course we will help you let go of the push and pull to try to get your child to meet your goals and help you discover how to reach your goals through play, for young and old, more naturally.
Most therapeutic approaches don't model neurotypical play, therefore our kids don't have the opportunity to learn things like theory of mind, initiating interaction, and good 'ole Parallel Play or Cooperative Play skills!
This is a quick introductory guide to help you or your team members get started through our short and fun videos!
We recommend taking a couple days in between each section to practice what you learn.
Let's bring natural back to the therapy experience!
- Parents and professionals who want to learn more about play therapy for autism and related challenges
- Parents and professionals who are new to a Natural Play Therapy Program
- Family members of people with special needs who want to understand how to relate
- People who want to connect more deeply with their loved one, in a more natural way
- Those who wish to add more play to their lives, relationships, and therapeutic approaches
We are so happy to have you here! If you have any questions please let us know! We are happy to help. info@AutisticallyInclined.com
You are on your way to creating a deeper connection with your child! Cultivating a healthy relationship for each person in your family is important to your child's growth and development. Congratulations on getting one step closer to letting go of frustration and strengthening your understanding of your child's world.
A brief introduction, explaining the basics of Natural Play Therapy.
Why are we focusing on the stages of play? In this video we answer why each stage plays a valuable role in the learning process.