Complete Guide to the Traktor Remix Decks
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Integrate the Remix Decks into your DJ worklow
- Perform exciting routines with the Remix Decks
- Create unique Remix Sets of your own to share with others
- Utilize every function of the Remix Decks, even the hidden ones.
- Play the Remix Decks like an instrument using just your keyboard.
- You should already be familiar with Traktor Pro 2 software.
- A kontrol F1 would be beneficial, but not entirely necessary.
- We will supply you with Remix Sets, but you can also use pre-existing ones if you choose.
Learn your way around the Traktor remix decks so you can create amazing and unique DJ mixes to impress your fans and take your DJ career to the next level.
Master the Remix Decks with Ease by following this Comprehensive and Direct Video Course.
- Master the Basics of the Remix Decks
- Discover the Hidden Features
- Create your very own unique remix sets
- Find alternative ways to creatively integrate the remix decks in your DJ Sets
- Recognize the full potential of Traktor software
- Peel away the layers of confusion with ease & take control of the software
Understanding the Remix Decks Sets you apart from many other DJ's
Traktor is a very popular DJ software and is used by many professionals, knowing how to use it to it's fullest potential will give you an edge over many other DJ's. Even with the recent introduction of 'Stem Decks' (a simpler form of the remix deck) the remix decks remain, which proves they are an important and useful part of the Traktor software. The remix decks are a little more complex than the stem decks, therefore offering you much more control and scope for being creative. By understanding the full potential of the remix decks you will develop your own unique sound, taking the next step towards blending the two disciplines of DJ'ing and music production.
Content and Overview
This course is designed for those who have some experience using Traktor, but not yet ventured into, or fully grasped, the Remix Decks.
The course is broken down into 6 sections.
- Intro and Setup
- Functions of the Remix Decks (Part 1)
- Functions of the Remix Decks (Part 2)
- Live Uses
- Bonus Material
Sections 2, 3 & 4, end with a quiz to aid in your learning. Throughout the 75 videos (approximately 3 hours 20 mins) you will learn all the functions of the remix decks. Once you have mastered these functions, you will piece together these skills to create a remix set of your own.
You will be shown, step-by-step, how to build a remix set from scratch, with the option of downloading the demo remix set so you can follow along and develop your skills as you go.
You will be given a number of suggestions for how you can integrate the remix decks into your performance and additional bonus material to take you a little deeper into accessing your own creative talents.
By completing the course, you will become a master of the remix decks enabling you to bring a level of individuality and creativity to your DJ sets. By fully understanding the software it frees you up to focus on the important part of DJ'ing; the Music. By embracing the Remix Decks and completing this course, your DJ sets will never be the same again.
- This course is for anyone with an interest in using the Remix Decks in their DJ performance. It creates a short cut to discovering everything there is to know about the intricate and amazingly powerful Remix Deck. Whether you know nothing about the remix decks or have started to play around with them but failed to see the potential, this course will give you the full working knowledge and more.
Let me explain how the course is divided into sections and what you ca expect from each.
A brief look at the differences between internal and external mixing, and why it matters.
Don't worry if you don't have a midi controller, theres a lot you can do without one, let me show you.
Here's an introduction for those wishing to use the keyboard to control the remix decks.
- You can adjust the size of the cell, which basically shortens or increases the loop length.
- You can not adjust the slot size using the default keyboard mapping. If you don't own a Kontrol F1 or S8, then you would need to create a special mapping for either the keyboard or your own midi controller.
- To see how you can map a key to conduct this operation head to the bonus module.
After completing this lesson you will know how to delete the following:
- Individual Cells
- Whole Pages of a set
- Entire Sets
The quickest way to clear an entire remix set without a controller is to change the deck to a 'track deck' and then back to a 'remix deck' using the drop down located in the large letter denoting the deck (A,B,C, or D).