Make-up for Beginners: learn doing make-up like a Pro
What you'll learn
- Do your own make-ups professionally, so that they last longer and enhance your beautiful features.
- Creating various Beauty looks, feeling more confident in working with other women.
- Choosing tools for make-up, taking good care of them, and using them for best results
- Using color theory principles when choosing colors in make-up.
- Hiding skin's imperfections and creating flawless results using different types of foundations.
- Contouring and highlighting create the illusion of depth and a more sculpted look.
- Shaping eyebrows and enhancing their beautiful shape.
- Correcting eye shapes and mastering many eye make-up techniques from natural to more dramatic looks.
- Working with different textures of lip products to correct lip shape, achieving a long-lasting result, make lips either stand out or remain more subtle
- There are no special requirements to taking this course. You might need to purchase professional make-up brush set and tools as well as complete your make-up kit
- You can practice all the techniques on yourself. However, if you have a dream of doing makeups professionally, it is best to find model(s) for practice.
This course on professional makeup will help you master many important techniques that professional make-up artists use to create contemporary looks in their everyday work. After completing it you will be able to enhance your own or other women’s beautiful features, disguise minor faults in one’s appearance and express yourself creatively.
The course consists of 30 video tutorials and is designed so that you can master all the techniques gradually, starting from relatively simple techniques and then moving on to the more demanding techniques.
From this course you will learn how to:
choose your tools, take good care of them, and use them for best results;
use color theory principles when choosing colors in make-up when working with different people;
use different types of foundations to make skin look flawless;
contour and create the illusion of depth on the face and a more sculpted look with makeup;
slightly adjust the shape of eyebrows and enhance their beautiful shape with makeup;
correct various eye shapes and master many eye make-up techniques that will make eyes stand out;
work with different types of lip products to correct lip shape, create lasting results, make them stand out, or remain more subtle (to make eyes look even more expressive).
It will take around 10 hours to go through all the video tutorials. Remember, to acquire new practical skills, it is crucial to apply everything you learn in practice. It might take you up to 20 hours to do all the makeups at least once on yourself or on your model(s). However, for best results, it is recommended to do each of the makeups at least 2-3 times. Therefore, mastering all the techniques of this course might take you up to 60 hours.
In addition to video tutorials, you’ll also receive a comprehensive workbook and a full list of high-quality professional make-up products that are used in the demo lessons and that are highly praised by beauty professionals due to their impeccable quality.
Who this course is for:
- If you like experimenting with makeup and creating stylish and clean looks either on yourself or on others, this course is for you
- The course is meant for those starting to develop new skills and perfect their make-up application technique, or those dreaming of an exciting career as a make-up artist
- This course can be interesting for those, who already have basic knowledge in make-up, but want to take their skills to a new level
- If you already have extensive experience as a make-up artist and looking for more advanced and creative techniques, this course is probably not for you
Lana Vallo - the founder of Glow International Make-up School and 2 Beauty Studios. Lana has over 18 years of experience in the art and business of make-up. To date, she has participated in hundreds of events and projects as a makeup artist, touched the hearts of an uncountable number of satisfied customers, and trained more than 5000 students of her own in her Glow International Make-up School.
Lana’s expertise ranges from impeccably clean, minimal looks to more extreme and dramatic effects. She loves working on photo shoots for beauty, fashion, and editorial publications, as well as in the exciting backstage chaos of major fashion shows. Her competence has been recognized and highly praised by a number of respected professionals in the industry.